Menu
How much would it cost me to study in China?
Mar 28, 2012 06:26
Hello all,

I want to study media production in China. How much would it cost to pay for university fees and food and accommodation and whatever else I would need? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Thanks and Regards.
Michael
Apr 18, 2012 19:44
  • SUNSHINE3688
Hi Michael!
Are you looking for education with degree? Or just a course?
Do you expect the delivered in English or Chinese?
If you want it in Chinese and you haven't spoken the language, then expect to learn it first. I would say it takes up to 2 years.
In certain Unis they charge double for english classes.

Apr 24, 2012 01:22
Hi Michael,

If you want a degree in a Chinese university, the fee would be 23000-28000RMB/Year, not including accommodation.

Usually international students would not live in dormitories, because the price is really high and you have to share a room with others. In Beijing, a room in student dormitory will cost about 14-20Euro/day, but if you live outside the university, you may pay 2000rmb/month for a room.

There are 2 ways to learn the language first:

1. Go to an international institut in a university (in China) and study there for 1 year or 2 years. And find a private tutor to help you after class.

2. Go to a private school(big ones) which can hold HSK exams. Study there for a year or 2 years. But the fee is relatively high. However, you don't need a tutor.

ps: if you want to learn the language in your country and pass HSK first. Don't go to any instituts, instead, try to find a professional teacher online in China. Usually the price for a professional teacher will range from 10 USD-25USD.

Hope this will help.
Post a Reply to: How much would it cost me to study in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code