Menu
To stop dirty words at the football stadium?
Mar 30, 2012 01:58
  • ICEBERG
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 6 vote(s)
  2. 5 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Soccer is full of passion. The soccer fans are passionate. When you watch a football match at the stadium, you will hear thousands of fans yelling. What do they say?

I am not sure what foreign fans say. But Chinese soccer fans either cheer up for their team or curse at their enemy. The most frequent word is ‘SB’, a dirty word said by many Chinese people. Due to the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Chinese soccer fans learned to behave themselves. They didn’t want to be laughed by foreign visitors.

After the Beijing Olympics, dirty words appear at the stadium again. Some soccer fans call on to ‘be a cultured fan’. Obviously, most soccer fans have no plan to change their habits. The staium is the only place where they needn’t to be ‘a cultured man’. There they can yell dirty words and vent out their passion.

Do you think we should forbid dirty words at the football stadium?
Mar 31, 2012 22:46
GUEST4225 That's why I watch football games on TV. I just focus on the games. The four letter words are screened.
Apr 6, 2012 22:47
GUEST26152 Can I obtained a tourist Visa for Mainland China in Macau?
Apr 7, 2012 02:03
GUEST45R22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST26152

Can I obtained a tourist Visa for Mainland China in Macau?

What's your nationality? You can ask CTS (China Travel Service) in Macau to help you with your visa.
Apr 14, 2012 01:35
  • JIMMYB
I do not think saying dirty words is good. You do not have to humiliate your rivals by dirty words no matter how you dislike them. Behave yourself and do not make others believe that you are hooligans.
Apr 16, 2012 06:31
Hi Jimmy.
I agree fans should refrain from swearing too much, having said that I used to be a football hooligan myself ( 40+ years ago )
I found that I could vent any anger built up over the week at the game, it doesn't mean I was right though, but I sure felt better after it, he he
I still have the odd rant at the referee now and again but I wouldn't swear in front of women and children if I can possibly help it.
Alan
Apr 16, 2012 21:31
  • JIMMYB
Alan,

How are you doing recently? Is everything ok?

You are right. Do not swear in front of women and children. The kids are very clever. They might follow you to swear. It is no good to them. The women might look down at you and think that you are mean and impolite.

Be a civilized soccer fan. It is not easy to do it. But we should try it.
May 24, 2012 04:16
Hello,
saying dirty words between the football match is not a good.It is a disgusting.Never say such words which can touch someone else badly.every sports is a gentlemen game so don't destroyed their images.
Jun 21, 2013 09:58
GUESTSUZY Too many compliments too little space, tnhaks!
Jun 23, 2013 00:22
GUESTCEZARIO I just have to say that you truely are lnraedegy!!! Im in NYC during the EURO 2012 and this is the place where i will watch all the games! Thank you guys for saving my trip! I will see you in June!Lets go SWEDEN!!
Aug 20, 2013 23:16
  • REDMOND28
I am a big soccer fan myself and been to stadiums around Europe. What most continental fans do is curse specific players and then target the team he plays for. The best thing for the true fans to do is to cheer loud enough that the cursing ones can feel the deafening support and realize what a true fan is all about. Its a mindset which can be changed by respect for the sport and not authoritative measures.
Post a Reply to: To stop dirty words at the football stadium?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code