Menu
Nanning to Mong Cai (Vietnam)
Apr 17, 2012 07:49
  • CAIUSS
Hi,

Next week I'll arrive at Nanning train station at 8.15pm.
Does someone know if it's possible still on the same day to catch a bus to Pingxiang (near the Friendship border), or to Dongxing (near the sea and near to another border crossing)? A night bus would also do it ... though due to the short distances I don't believe there are night buses.

I want to get to Mong Cai (Mong Cai is on the Vietnamese side of the border of Dongxing) as soon as possible.
I'm currently living in China, and have just one week of vacation to go to Vietnam. That's why I'm trying to get to Mong Cai as soon as possible.
From Mong Cai I wanna take a (passenger) boat to Halong Bay. I've done it 5 years ago, and it was great 4 ou 5 hours trip.

Thanks
Apr 17, 2012 22:25
GUEST4545343 I suggest you take taxi to Jiangnan Bus Station immediately after you get out the railway station. You can take bus from Jiangnan Bus Station to Dongxin. The last two buses leaves at 21:30 and 22:30.

Bus Ticket: CNY 62.
Apr 18, 2012 05:31
  • CAIUSS
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST4545343

I suggest you take taxi to Jiangnan Bus Station immediately after you get out the railway station. You can take bus from Jiangnan Bus Station to Dongxin. The last two buses leaves at 21:30 and 22:30.

Bus Ticket: CNY 62.

Thanks a lot for this information
Are you sure there are those 2 buses at 21:30 and 22:30? I'll try to catch the one at 21:30.
How long does the journey to Dongxing takes? 3-4 hours?
Apr 18, 2012 22:04
GUEST454
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAIUSS

Thanks a lot for this information
Are you sure there are those 2 buses at 21:30 and 22:30? I'll try to catch the one at 21:30.
How long does the journey to Dongxing takes? 3-4 hours?

Yes, I am sure about it unless its official website cheats on me . If you miss the bus, please do not blame on me. It's the official website's fault.

The journey takes about 3 hours.
Apr 19, 2012 00:28
  • CAIUSS
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST454

Yes, I am sure about it unless its official website cheats on me . If you miss the bus, please do not blame on me. It's the official website's fault.

The journey takes about 3 hours.

Hi,
What's the website you got the information from?
Thanks
Apr 19, 2012 01:31
GUEST454
Quote:

Hi,
What's the website you got the information from?
Thanks

Address: http://www.gxcd.com.cn/

It is a Chinese website where you can search the schedule and book the ticket. Unfortunately, it has no English version.
Apr 20, 2012 02:07
  • CAIUSS
Hi,

The link doesn't work :( , and have tried it yesterday and today.
Although, searching on google for "gxcd" the 1st result is precisely that link ... could it be that the site is now down?
Apr 20, 2012 03:25
GUEST454
Quote:

Hi,

The link doesn't work :( , and have tried it yesterday and today.
Although, searching on google for "gxcd" the 1st result is precisely that link ... could it be that the site is now down?

Caiuss, you don't belive me, right? I once visited that website successfully and got the information above. I can not visit that website right now.

Anyway, wish you a nice trip.
Apr 20, 2012 04:15
  • CAIUSS
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST454

Caiuss, you don't belive me, right? I once visited that website successfully and got the information above. I can not visit that website right now.

Anyway, wish you a nice trip.

Hi,

It isn't that I don't believe you. It's just that I also would like to check other time schedules.
But the other point is if what is published in the website is actually correct and up to date. Some one told me that in China usually that kind of information isn't really trustful. What do you think?
Thanks
Apr 20, 2012 04:47
GUEST454
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAIUSS View Post

Hi,

It isn't that I don't believe you. It's just that I also would like to check other time schedules.
But the other point is if what is published in the website is actually correct and up to date. Some one told me that in China usually that kind of information isn't really trustful. What do ...

I once logged in its ticket booking system and the schedule was the same as what I saw on its website. Of course the ticket booking service is available. Maybe, you can find its contact information to confirm about the schedule.
Apr 13, 2017 20:45
GUEST16160 It has taken me five hours just to find this post about bus travel to the border and then the schedule is not listed. The site is all in Chinese and for some reason Jiangnan Bus Station has no posting that I can find of its bus schedules in April of 2017. Hard to believe but China is still in its infancy regarding travel and tourism. Anyway, thanks to the poster for trying to convey information and certainly understand the poster with the question's frustration. On another post it said there is a bus every 30 minutes starting from the morning. Another way to get there is fast train to Beihai and spend a day on Silver Beach and then there is another hard to find bus schedule bus to Dongxing from their that takes about four hours and advises to watch your valuables. Nuff said, hotmail.com|jeffinbangkok
Post a Reply to: Nanning to Mong Cai (Vietnam)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code