Menu
Conversion of L visa to Z visa in China
Sep 8, 2015 17:38
GUESTCHRIS.K. I want to go to China and work as teacher. I would like to work in southern China. The plan is to go first on tourist visa, find the appropriate school and city and then apply for Z-visa. How does it work. I think i didn't get the idea of a Z-visa..
Does anybody knows how changing from L to Z works in southern China, in Zhuhai or Hainan Island, Guangdong Province looks like?
Sep 8, 2015 20:17
GUEST56677 [quote=GUESTCHRIS.K.,570402]I want to go to China and work as teacher. I would like to work in southern China. The plan is to go first on tourist visa, find the appropriate school and city and then apply for Z-visa. How does it work. I think i didn't get the idea of a Z-visa..
Does anybody knows how changing from L to Z works in southern China, in Zhuhai or Hainan Island, Guangdong Province looks like?[/quote]

I am afraid that you can't change L into Z without leaving China. According to what I know, most foreigners are required to apply for their Z types abroad or in their own countries if they enter with other types.
Sep 9, 2015 05:38
GUESTCHRIS3000 How it works when you change the employer in China?
I realized you need Z-visa to travel to china for work, which after arrival you change it for resident status.
What happens when you wish to change the employer? What happens to your Z-visa that you had?
Sep 22, 2015 08:45
GUESTCHARLOTTE From my limited experience (only in Hebei, and I've only completed the process once but am working on it again), you cannot change a L to a Z in China. You can do a Z to an L easily, I've done that twice.

In Hebei, I've been told Americans (like myself) must return to the USA to get the visa. People of other nationalities may go to HK or Korea. But not Americans. They were very firm on this back in 2013. Am trying to get another Z, but the school is still doing paperwork, but there have been mentions of me having to go to the USA, HK is not okay.

Nov 24, 2019 16:38
GUEST15140 i have received an exit visa from China however i got a job before i exited. is possible for my company to apply a z visa for me or convert the exit visa to z visa before exir?
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Conversion of L visa to Z visa in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code