Menu
Chinese Visa Question
May 4, 2012 05:26
  • DMCRORY
Hello Everyone,

I want to go to China and have questions about the Visa Procedure.

Canadian Passport
Presently Living in Cambodia (Been here for 4 years) and travel out of here.
Will be going to the Chinese Consulate in Phnom Penh.
Will not be going home in the near future.

I want to go to China longer then 30 days. I am retired and want to be able to go and stay in a place as long as I want.

Can you extend a Chinese Visa Once in China?

What is the best way for me to handle this.

Also thinking of going from Beijing to Hanoi by train stopping in the hotspots. Can get a 1 year Vietnam Visa been there before.

So I also want a multiple entry visa.

Thanks

Dan
May 5, 2012 01:21
  • APAULT
If you have some form of residency in Cambodia you should be able to apply for a 12 month multiple entry visa, probably only 2 months at the time, but maybe 3 months. If not you will probably only be able to get a one month visa.

If you hit a problem, get a friend or an agent to apply for the visa for you - courier the passport home and back again. I have done this and it works. Of course if you are approached by authorities in Cambodia you might have to lie and say it's lost and go thru their formalities...slowly !
May 5, 2012 04:10
  • DMCRORY
I have a one year Cambodia Visa (expires July 05, 2012) I wonder if that would count as proof of my status here. Traveled in and out over the year a couple of times. Also, going to get a 1 year Vietnam Visa. (Save pages in the passport) I can use my gf residency and I have a bank account.

So what you are saying is if I am in Canada they would issue me up to a year visa but since I am overseas they might not.

Question: Are they more lenient the second time you go to China. I was told here by a travel agent that the first Tourist Visa has to be 1 month and then you can apply for whatever length after that.

Looks like I am going to Beijing and then Xian for 2 weeks each. Not enough time but will get me introduced to China.

Wonder if they are more lenient in Bangkok then Phnom Penh. I should shot for 3 months multiple not the year.

Thanks for your help!

Dan
Feb 27, 2014 08:18
GUESTSUMON H... Dear Can you pls inform us what is the meaning of Visa Category VS for Hong Kong Visa? Pls send me update by email to gmail.com|sumonhowlader
Mar 1, 2014 22:06
GUEST78436 [quote=GUESTSUMON HOWLADER,519354]Dear Can you pls inform us what is the meaning of Visa Category VS for Hong Kong Visa? Pls send me update by email to gmail.com|sumonhowlader[/quote]

I guess it should be Visitor type.
Post a Reply to: Chinese Visa Question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code