Menu
Email hacked and USD46000 gone
May 20, 2012 03:10
  • QIDIQQ
Long time no come to TCG.
After I started a thread of "what is wrong with Nigeria/ Nigerians?", what happened to me was also have some connections with Nigeria, so ironica.
We were doing intending biz with some suctomers in India and it was about August, 2011. When customer remitted USD46000 to us after three days, we found no money reached yet, so double check the tt and found out that the benificiary name a totally different one, not ours old one.
So immediately checked with customer and reply was that one day he recd a mail just the same moment when he decided to send us USD46000. In that mail stating that our normal bank account changed to another one with very professional language, so customer sent money directly to that account.
Only one thing is that before when i mailed to them i will also need to cc to many people, like our 2 bosses, customer himself and also his partners....that time, only me as the sender and customer self as the receiver........

May 20, 2012 03:13
  • QIDIQQ
It was such a big accident that we immediately went to the police and got the reply that we were not the real victim so they could not help and also saying that USD46000 was such a small amount, sorry.How sad and angry we were! They should not have treated us in that way anyway right? so asked customer from Mumbai to come for report and hope to get the money back.

At the same time, our boss found a lot of relations as all Chinese ppl knew that if without close relations there nobody will really care and help.
May 20, 2012 03:18
  • QIDIQQ
We also found out that this benificiary compamy TOP SHINING sth had an office in shanghai, and also bank account was in shanghai communications bank, Note, How we found out this Top Shining? When we searched this company of TOP SHINING with google, a shocking article from alibaba told a similaar story with the amount of only usd5000 from Australia.........
So we just called and sb replied, a girl, saying exactly the bank account No, belonged to them and saying many ppl remitted money to them by mistake so they have cancelled the bank account already.
May 20, 2012 03:24
  • QIDIQQ
after the 4th day, we learnt that Usd46000 had been withdrawn in RMB.
meantime, we went to shanghai police for no less than 10 time, so difficult to find anyone in that police station can even promise to try in this case.

Finally, got a relationship from an old teacher who used to teach in the school esp for policeman, white-haired, 75-year-old......finally an officer promised to help although the truth after 6 months was no any police helped in this case.

Like this, we started to feel so disappointed to ask for help from the police station so started our own way to directly went to Top Shining asking for a solution.

Sorry, i forgot to point out why and how it matters a Nigerian? when we checked the log in record, an IP from Nigeria had been behind me for quite a long time and whenever we would need to get money from customers he would reply in my name for the account change matter...........
May 20, 2012 03:36
  • QIDIQQ
Policemen already informed us that all the email hack IP was from Nigeria before we checked the log in record, and after we saw, truely enough, it was from Nigeria....

Forget about the police, manager went to Top Shining for some countless times, each time they just sit there and tried to not let the staffs work, during the October or November visit, they even fought with us, blue and black, but anyway, they did not run away so we would have the chance to get back the money.

After almost 5-6 months we followed up with Top shinning and another crime they committed was discovered, this time, amount was huge, so nearly when they decided to return us the money, the account was blocked, so unlucky we were and also that victim as well.

What u could not believe was the person who managed Top Shining was a young girl with so soft charactor so nobody could even like to dount her as my manager's description. Truth was it was a chain, between China and Nigeria,There was a group...
Before our Chinese New Year, we got a letter of Gurantee from a factory, a big one, saying that within one or two months, our money would be returned.......

And still God bless, Finally, SUD46000 was remitted back to India and our customer recd..........

This was such a big lesson for me so I wanted to share this experience, never and ever to remit money to a new account without confirmation.

Not all the ppl are lucky as us as we learnt from the police station that similar case happened so much but no one got resolved.......
May 20, 2012 03:38
  • QIDIQQ
Nowadays, doing biz is really full of risks, so before u wanted to trust anybody, u better keep urself alert to avoid big cheat...........It will a nightmare as for me, I could not even afford USD4600 not to mention USD46000, God bless we finally tracked them back.................
Oct 16, 2013 22:43
  • VIGORHE
Dear Ms Sophie Candy,

Thank you so much for sharing your unforgettable experience with us.

Wow, having made great efforts, you have finally retrieved the money. Jehovah God bless you indeed. Anything is possible.

Our E-mail inboxes often receive strange emails, which fail to put in junk mail boxes. Our email enter passwords might be stolen by hackers to swindle money from sleepy guys...

Do alert and turn on our alarm to block any junk emails.

Nov 18, 2013 05:01
  • HAWAIIMIKE
Nigerians are world famous for scamming people. I lived five years in Guangzhou, and the city is full of Nigerians. Not that I think they are all bad people. On the contrary, I had three good Nigerian friends. In fact, when I broke up with my Chinese fiance, one of my Nigerian pals let me move in to his empty second bedroom until I found another place.
The ex-fiance's aunt however, very nearly lost a lot of RMB to a Nigerian businessman. It was the usual scam, "we will help you get $100,000 USD financing, but first, we need you to put up $10,000 USD as collateral". I was glad they brought me into the conversation over the dealings, as I told them not t do it! Then I got other friends to verify this scam was well known, and so there was a big banquet for me and my (then) fiance!
Mar 30, 2014 19:11
  • QIDIQQ
Yes, too important to keep the mailbox safe.
Mar 30, 2014 19:12
  • QIDIQQ
Good, you saved them. No more headaches.
Post a Reply to: Email hacked and USD46000 gone
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code