Menu
[Beijing] How much is possible in 8 hours?
May 20, 2012 21:48
  • ESLBRUCE
I am going to have about eight hours in Beijing to tour, after having spent the summer in Wuhan and Taiyuan teaching. I have seen most of the top tourist spots already (Summer Palace, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Ming tomb, Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Wangfujing, Beihai, Jingshan, Old Summer Palace). I will be there on Sunday, August 19. My plane to fly home leaves at 9 p.m. so I want to be at the airport by 6. I figure I will stop sightseeing about 3:30 so I can get back to my hotel, grab my luggage and take the airport express subway or bus to the airport. I am thinking I want to try the Panjiayuan Market and see the Drum Tower, the Huguang opera museum, and the Lama temple. I am guessing I don't have time to see all of these. What's doable, especially if I decide to rely on the subway (I know it can be very crowded on Sunday). I probably will stay in the south area this time since it is close to the Panjiayuan Market (I think...). I usually get up early and can be out on the street by 7:30 or earlier. I probably will have a friend from Beijing with me to help me get around.

May 21, 2012 01:37
GUEST4673 Lama Temple is not far from the Drum Tower. Do you really want to visit Panjiayuan Market? If not, I suggest you visit Lama Temple and then Drum Tower. If you still have time, just wander around the Houhai (Back Sea) area. It's also good.
Jun 30, 2012 04:25
GUEST33181 That's a super short trip to Beijing. There's so much to see here, you just have to prioritize what's most important.

If you were looking for an efficient way to get around the city, you could try an electric bike. No traffic, subways or taxis. There's a tour company that does day trips and city tours on an electric bike.

It's a pretty fun way to get around Beijing.
Last edited by CHRISTINE: Jun 30, 2012 04:44
Post a Reply to: [Beijing] How much is possible in 8 hours?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code