Menu
meeting people in Shanghai?
Apr 21, 2005 04:32
  • MIRIAM
HI all
I am planning a weeks trip to Shanghai and am looking for all the info I can get: i.e. where to stay, places to visit, things to see. In particular I am concerned where to stay that is central and makes it easy for me to meet some people? Any suggestions are very welcomed...Thanks!
Apr 22, 2005 15:06
  • DEE0228
You may get more info through forum search engine!
Apr 23, 2005 14:58
  • WUXIAOMAO
It depends on what kind of people you want to meet, where you want to stay, your interests and when you will be there. If you have specific questions, email me here and I will get back to you asap with some answers!
Apr 26, 2005 04:59
  • MIRIAM
thanks for your replies. My interests are pretty broad: history, chinese culture of old and new, gaining a tiny insight into what life is like in Shanghai. I want to do such things as see maybe an opera, see some sights but also just enjoy wandering about to take in the feel of a place.... I would like to be quite centrally placed - either youth hostel or hotel. Any suggestions? I am worried that if staying in a hotel, you never really get to meet other people, though....Sorry to be vague and thanks for all help ;-)
Apr 29, 2005 00:45
  • LEEDSWINDS
hi there,well,if ur into history,u can go shanghai history museum:Phaha,u can see loads of historical stuffs there.and since u like both chinese culture of new and old,i suggest u should go XinTianDi.:)and u should also visit the oriental pearl tv tower along with the JinMao buildin.as for the youth hostel,i think the captian hostel could be ur 1st choice;)its near the bund,very close to the city centre:P wots more,it costs lil.lol...
awwww,if u had came earlier,u could have already seen the phanton of the opera in shanghai grand theatre.lol.i watched it,quality!but now,i dont know wot opera is bein showed there.- -

anyway,hope u'll enjoy ur time hea;)

May 1, 2005 04:03
  • MIRIAM
Hi and thanks again for your help! I've taken a note of your tips - am sure i'll love my time in shanghai :-) Cheers!!!!
May 6, 2005 00:10
  • LEEDSWINDS
my pleasure;)
Post a Reply to: meeting people in Shanghai?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code