Menu
Can Olympic torch bearer sell off their torches?
May 23, 2012 02:59
  • MJ1985
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 3 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
It is a great honor to be an Olympic torch bearer. But some honored torch bearers don’t cherish such an honor.

Andrew Bell put his Olympic torch online for sales after finishing the torch relay. But he took down his advertisement after receiving criticism. He explained that he sold his torch because they just had a lovely baby boy and his wife was back to work after maternity.

Some other runners put their torch up for sale even before they had carried the flame. You know why they sell their torches? It can bring them a lot of money. A £495 torch can be sold at a price of more than £150000. I would have sold it if I had one.

Can the Olympic torch bearer sell their torches?
May 30, 2012 22:05
  • LAUGH
Yes, they can if they like.
They have right to deal with the torch, it is not a right judgement whether they cherish the honor or not. If I have one, I will sell it when I need money too.
Jun 20, 2012 20:31
Why not? Andrew sold his torch to support his family. Do we really want to see that his wife and baby live miserably?

London organising committee plans to auction some torches on the internet from July 27. Should we blame them? The first torch to be auctioned was that used by David Beckham.

Now that the London Organising Committee can auction the torches, why can't the torch owners sold their torches?
Post a Reply to: Can Olympic torch bearer sell off their torches?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code