Menu
Greatwall of China
Apr 21, 2005 11:32
  • MAHMUD
I knew that from the Moon only China Greatwall was seen among any human made things. Is it true?
Apr 21, 2005 11:34
That's true:) or I hope it is truth!
Apr 22, 2005 02:14
  • DIEGO
Not true Mahmud...

You have simply to compare great wall with others constructions made by human or made by mother nature.. thousand of em are bigger and bigger than great wall.. and, obiously, u can not see them from the moon: cities, rivers ecc..
I mean: great wall is fantastic, but you can not see it from the moon. It is not so large.. only very long!
Apr 22, 2005 12:07
  • KYLE
I have heard that "The great wall of China", can be seen from the moon. However that is not the only structure that can be seen.
I was told you can also see the lights of the boats in the Atlantic as well as the lights of New york city.
Apr 22, 2005 16:56
  • DIEGO
Any pics? No... It's a legend!

Lights of a city? That's very different, actualy...

Can u compare the the visibility of the lights of a city as Shanghai or New york city with the great wall that is few meters of largeness? No..

I mean there are in the world highways that are larger than the great wall... or not?

The importance of great wall is not that u can see it from the moon (impossible), is in its history.

Apr 22, 2005 17:13
  • MERMAID
It is not from the moon but from the orbit!
Apr 22, 2005 17:22
  • DIEGO
That's is very different.. Anyway, great wall is very long, but not so large!

Astronauts say that!

Everytime during a talk show, generally the second question is: "Is it true that from the moon we can see the great wall?"

The replay as following "NO".

"It's a legend! Great wall is few meters of largeness... How can u pretend to see it from the moon?"
Apr 22, 2005 17:59
  • MAHMUD
Actually, it is widely believe in our country (Bangladesh) people that from the Moon only the Great wall was seen. Our parents also said such thing. But as far as I remember I did not find such thing in the books. So, may or may not be.
Mar 10, 2009 04:32
GUESTELIORA I want to know how long is the greatwall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVRY UP
Post a Reply to: Greatwall of China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code