Menu
Kunming Changshui International Airport put into use on June 28
Jun 28, 2012 03:06
  • SUNNYDREAM
On June 28, Kunming Changshui International Airport was formally put into use. At the same time, the old Wujiaba Airport was shut down.

How to get there:
Airport Express:

Line 1: It departs at 05:00 every day from the downtown area and runs until the last flight.

Route (Kunming Downtown Area to Changshui Airport): Xiyi Hotel – Xinying Residential Area (East People’s Road, Renmindonglu) – Changshui Airport

Route (Changshui Airport to Kunming Downtown Area): Changshui Airport – Kunming East Bus Station – Xinying Residential Area (East People’s Road, Renmingdonglu) – Xiongye Hotel (Beijing Road, Beijinglu) – Yunnan University of Nationalities – Xiyi Hotel

Line 2:
Route (Wujiaba Airport to Changshui Airport): Wujiaba Airport – Kunming Railway Station – Jialuda Hotel (Huanchengnanlu) – Changshui Airport

Ruote (Changshui Airport to Wujiaba Airport): Changshui Airport – Taili Hotel (Huanchengnanlu) – Kunming Railway Station – Wujiaba Airport.

Line 3:
Route: Changshui Airport – Expo Garden (Shiboyuan) – Beichen Fortune Center (Beichendadao) – Beishiqu (Linyulu)

Line 2 and Line 3 are available from 07:30 to 24:00.

Ticket prices: CNY 20 for line 1, 2 and 3.
Departure frequency: 15 to 30 minutes and 5 to 10 minutes during the peak time.
Jul 12, 2012 13:54
GUEST71199 I am arriving at the new airport around the middle of the day and looking to take a bus to Dali. What is the best way to go from the Airport to the West Bus station, where I believe all the buses to Dali leave from?
Jul 12, 2012 13:56
GUEST71199 What is the best way to get to Dali from the new Kunming Airport?
Jul 13, 2012 22:20
GUEST04184 where can i find the express bus to kunming changshui international from the kunming railway station?
Jul 15, 2012 02:36
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST71199

What is the best way to get to Dali from the new Kunming Airport?

Take airport express line 2 and get off at Kunming Railway Station. There you can take train to Dali.

I suggest you get the train ticket in advance.

Train schedule:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/kunming-schedule.htm
Aug 7, 2012 04:56
GUEST10149 Hi, I will be arriving into Kunming Changshui airport from Beijing with China Eastern just before midnight on 13th August and leaving from Kunming at around 9.30am the following day to Kathmandu with China Eastern. Can you please advise of a decent hotel nearby that I could use for a single nights accommodation?

Regards
Ryan
Aug 7, 2012 22:15
GUEST436789
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST10149 View Post

Hi, I will be arriving into Kunming Changshui airport from Beijing with China Eastern just before midnight on 13th August and leaving from Kunming at around 9.30am the following day to Kathmandu with China Eastern. Can you please advise of a decent hotel nearby that I could use for a single nights accommodation?

Regards[huanha...

The airport was just put into use not long ago. There are not comfortable hotels near the airport though there are some hostels in the villages near the airport. I heard that there is a hotel inside the airport but it charges around CNY 800 per night.I suggest you take a taxi back to the town and spend a night.
Aug 8, 2012 04:07
GUEST10149 The hotel in the airport may be something to consider. I will try to find some more details on it. Do you know roughly how much a taxi into town would be?

Many Thanks for your assistance!
Aug 8, 2012 04:39
GUEST436789 It costs around CNY 60-70 at daytime. Since you arrive late, you need to pay a bit more.
Aug 8, 2012 05:02
  • SUNNYDREAM
GUEST10149,

The airport express is available until the last flight arrives. You may take the airport express. If you can not catch it, the taxi is your last choice. It costs around CNY 120-150 from the airport to the downtown area at night.
Post a Reply to: Kunming Changshui International Airport put into use on June 28
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code