Menu
Need some tips on Wedding Studio Photos in Shanghai
Jul 16, 2012 17:59
guestJan I was wondering if anyone here have any experience with taking glamorous studio photos in shanghai?

I was wondering how long it takes for a photo session. Is it possible to only have a 6 hour(half day) photo session? I'll only be visiting shanghai for 2 days. Will they be able to mail me all the photos? How much would it cost for the photo packages?

Please let me know. It seems hard to find info on the web.
Jul 16, 2012 21:13
GUEST6890 Jan,

I am not a local in Shanghai but I did take wedding studio photos. Maybe, my experience is helpful. Some renowned chain wedding studios have their branches in many cities like Mona Lisa. Generally, their service is good but very expensive. But some small wedding studios also offer good service and the price is not as expensive as those big wedding studios.

Usually, the wedding photo studios offer different wedding photo packages. Of course the prices are different. It depends on how much money you can afford. My colleague spent more than CNY 5000 on their wedding studio photos. If you like, you can bring the photographer and take your wedding photos while traveling. I saw some couples take their wedding photos at Jiuzhaigou valley. But this will cost more money.

I took my wedding photos in a small wedding studio. It cost me about CNY 3299. In all, we have two photo albums containing 65 retouched photos, a 40 inches wedding photo used to hang on the wall, four small photos embedded in wooden frames, two 12 inches photos and two 10 inches photos used put on the desk, several key chains and a small crystal apple which has a photo of us inside. Forgot to say, we changed five costumes.

I think 6 hours is not enough. Your bride-to-be needs to make up. It takes at least 1 hour. And you both need to take photos in the studio and outdoors. I remember that I arrived at the wedding studio at 07:30 and went out at 22:20. Remember that there are other couples who take the wedding photos too.

You need to talk to the wedding studio and see if they can mail your wedding photos to you. Usually, you need to come there again and take them back on your own.
Jul 17, 2012 10:38
GUESTJAN Thanks! That is good information. So would they give you breaks to get something to eat? A whole day of photographing seems so long.
Jul 22, 2012 20:14
GUEST6890
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJAN

Thanks! That is good information. So would they give you breaks to get something to eat? A whole day of photographing seems so long.

Well, they definitely give you breaks to eat and have a short rest at noon. Some wedding studios also offer free lunches (in fact, your wedding photo cost already includes your lunch). My wedding studio didn't offer us lunch. We bring some snacks and share with the photographer and his assistants.

Jan, I should tell you that you can never believe the "publicity stills" in the wedding studios. They use these photos to attract more people to take wedding photos. Unfortunately, they almost can not retouch your wedding photos like those publicity stills.

I was fooled by the publicity stills in the wedding studio. When I saw the photos retouched by them, I found that they were totally different from the publicity stills. I asked them to retouch my photos three times. They still do not look like those publicity stills.

You also need to examine the wedding photo albums and other products carefully. Make sure there is no flaw. We were not lucky. There was something wrong with one of the albums. So we asked them to fix it. Luckily, they did it as we requested.
Nov 25, 2014 23:37
  • ALEX2027
Hi!

I have experience in studio shooting and outdoor shooting also. Just write to me
Last edited by ALEX2027: Nov 25, 2014 23:38
Feb 1, 2017 05:13
GUESTJG Any shops to recommend in Shanghai?
Feb 1, 2017 05:22
GUESTJG Any wedding photography shops to recommend in Shanghai?
Post a Reply to: Need some tips on Wedding Studio Photos in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code