Menu
Follow me to learn Chinese characters!
Jul 17, 2012 21:22
  • ZOEY
Follow me to learn Chinese characters in an easy and funny way. Today I am going to teach you “手”, meaning “hand” in English.

他俩亲如手足(tā liǎng qīn rú shǒu zú). It literally means they two are close to each other as hands and feet. This shows the two friends are as close as brothers.

她心灵手巧(tā xīn líng shǒu qiǎo). It literally means she is clever in mind and skillful in hand. This shows she is clever and deft.

Jul 25, 2012 01:31
  • ZOEY
Chinese character learning for this week: 足
千里之行,始于足下(qiān lǐ zhī xíng, shǐ yú zú xià)。It literally means the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step beneath one’s feet. This shows you have to work small to make big.

Aug 1, 2012 02:38
  • ZOEY
Chinese character learning for this week: 茶
A: 你要咖啡,茶还是冷饮?nǐ yào kā fēi, chó hái shì lěng yǐn
Would you like some coffee, tea or a cold drink?
B: 茶,谢谢。chá, xìe xìe
Tea, thanks.

Aug 6, 2012 22:05
  • ZOEY
Chinese Character Learning for This Week: 伞
可能要下雨,你最好带把伞。 kě néng yào xià yǔ, nǐ zuì hǎo dài bǎ sǎn.
It may rain. You'd better take an umbrella.
对不起,我错拿了你的伞。duì bù qǐ, wǒ cuò ná le nǐ dē sǎn
Sorry, I took your umbrella by mistake.

Aug 7, 2012 21:19
yeah ,that's so funny ,i have learnt these words thanks
Aug 28, 2012 19:58
it's easier to learn Chinese like this way.
Sep 25, 2012 01:04
  • ZOEY
It is early autumn now in China and leaves gradually falls to their roots. Chinese expression 落叶归根(luò yè guī gēn) well describes this common natural phenomenon. However, in Chinese culture, there is a deeper meaning behind this expression, which is people residing elsewhere tend to return to their hometowns towards the end of life.

Oct 8, 2012 04:03
  • ZOEY
During the National Day Holiday in China, lots of people spent their 8-day holiday traveling, hence making the attractions crowded, especially the famous ones. This is a photo taken outside the Meridian Gate of Forbidden City. The word 人山人海 (rén shān rén hǎi) can well describe the scene, which means a sea of faces.

Oct 15, 2012 21:13
  • ZOEY
It is autumn right now in China, a season of harvest. Here is a Chinese expression talking about the abundant harvest time, 硕果累累(shuò guǒ léi léi), literally meaning plants are covered with rich fruits. It is more often used to describe innumerable great achievements.

Nov 5, 2012 21:44
  • ZOEY
This expression is used to say both orchid and chrysanthemum are in fine blossom in their season, meaning everything has its own beauty. It is autumn day now in China and the chrysanthemum is in its full blossom. There is even a chrysanthemum exhibition in Beihai Park of Beijing, from 10/26-11/26. If you are happen to be there, go and have a look. You won’t be regretted.

Dec 19, 2012 21:07
  • ZOEY
It is cold winter right now in China and many of its land are covered by white snow. There is an expression describing the scene, 白雪皑皑 (bái xuě ái ái), which means the world is wrapped by snow and in pure white.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Follow me to learn Chinese characters!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code