Menu
Shanghai to Huangshan
Aug 7, 2012 05:56
  • 3AUSSIES2012
Hi,
I am trying to organise a short trip to Huangshan from Shanghai for 3 of us. We would like to take the 0628 bus trip from Shanghai South bus station to the scenic area. Is it possible to pre book this online or do we need to go to the bus station the day or so before?
We only have time for a visit all day Friday and come back Saturday arvo unfortunately and so what would you recommend? We are all young, fit and healthy and walk at a good pace. We would also love to visit a hot spring if possible.

Thanks so much for your help
Aug 7, 2012 20:29
GUEST9650 Currently, online ticket booking service is only available on the Chinese official website of Shanghai South Long Distance Bus Station. The online booking service on its English website is still under construction. I am not sure if you can ask local friends to help you reserve the tickets.

It takes about 6.5 hours from SHanghai to Huangshan. I am afraid that you may not enjoy yourselves at Mt.Huangshan since you just have half a day to visit the mountain. In fact, you can take K8418/K8419 train from Shanghai to Huangshan. It departs at 21:24 and arrives at 09:00 next morning. Then you can take long distance bus from Huangshan Railway Station to Huangshan Scenic Area. It takes about 70-80 minutes. Ticket fare is around CNY 16. In this way, you may have more time to visit the mountain.

By the way, the train ticket can be reserved online on certain websites. This website offers online train ticket booking service too.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/shanghai-schedule.htm
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Huangshan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code