Menu
L-Visa to Z-visa in hong kong?
Aug 9, 2012 10:37
  • JUNYEON82
I got an employment as an English teacher in China.
I have wife and a baby.
Our flight leaves next Tuesday on the 14th.
But the problem is, the school made a mistake on our invitation letter and forgot to include my wife and baby.

Because of the time crunch, they are telling us to just apply for L-Visa for my wife and baby and go to Hong Kong to change it to z-visa before it expires.

Isn't this a bit shady?
Also, is this method even possible since we are not legal residents in hong kong?

My daughter and I are US citizen and my wife is a korean citizen.
I tried to get my tourist visa in the chinese consulate in Korea, but they denied the application because I wasn't legal resident in Korea.

Please advise. We are stressing out!
Aug 9, 2012 21:24
  • ENID
Yes, it is possible for your wife and baby to get their L visa changed into Z visa in HK. make sure that your school get them required invitation letter, which should be headed to apply in HK. Thus, it is ok if they are not legal residents there.
Aug 12, 2012 06:36
GUEST60185 I would be a little suspicious if it was suggested that I apply for an L visa in this situation. Only organisations registered by the Chinese government to employ foreigners can provide you with the Z visa you need for entry to China. Working on any other visa is illegal. Is this a private school or teaching establishment?
Aug 12, 2012 07:07
  • APAULT
Just get yourselves to China, be patient, expect problems, expect ...well lust about anything, but with the co-operation of the employer it can be sorted out.... But it will mean a trip to HK. If poss get a 3 month tourist visa b4 you go.
Aug 15, 2012 18:47
GUEST94126 JUNEYEON, Please let us know your result. My wife is korean too and I am in the same situation as you. Been told that it's not possible in Hong Kong anymore, while others say it is possible.
Aug 18, 2012 15:29
GUEST06960 What is really happening to Nigerian in china cos many site was saying there is no way to extend visa for Nigerian and as we have good dog we also have bad one so what is the offence of Nigerian?
Aug 24, 2012 22:11
  • ENID
Hi GUEST06960, I have to say that it is true. There are too many foreigners who overstay in China, some even for a very long time. The authority made this act with their reasons. If visa is going to expire, you'd better exit mainland China and try to apply for a new visa in other countries if you want to go back again.
Aug 26, 2012 12:04
GUEST48688 I have a letter of invitation to work in China. I can apply for a Z visa for myself and my daughter. The problem is that I did not realize that her Passport has expired and so that expired Passport number is on the work invitation. I have applied 2 days ago to renew her Passport. What can I do? She is only 15 and does not want to fly to China by herself if I leave earlier for the job.
Aug 31, 2012 04:44
GUEST40882 So you mean there will be a number change on new passport. As I know, passport renewal takes time, you'd better ask for a new invitation letter for visa application. or prepare a document about passport number change from related office.
Nov 29, 2012 18:31
GUEST23960 have a nice day
my name is adnan malik i am doing bussiness i have multipul visa in china but i want visa hongkong aand taiwan both oc place i am doing bussiness plz guides me
Nov 29, 2012 21:38
GUESTALVIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST23960

have a nice day
my name is adnan malik i am doing bussiness i have multipul visa in china but i want visa hongkong aand taiwan both oc place i am doing bussiness plz guides me

It is ok,sir. You can go out of and return mainland freely if you have multiple entry visa for China.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: L-Visa to Z-visa in hong kong?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code