Menu
New Visa Application Confusing-Please help.
Aug 12, 2012 22:12
  • GOLDENRUWL
Hello Friends:

The new Visa Application is confusing. I am an American with a Chinese fiancee (Chinese Citizen) living in the US. We both want to visit China and stay at her residence. What type of Visa should I apply for?

If I say visiting friends, I need a letter from someone in China, if I say I'm a tourist then I have to give hotels, when I'm going to be staying at her condo.

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

Aug 13, 2012 05:40
GUEST14219 You don't need to stay in an hotel with a tourist visa. However you will need to register with the local police within 24 hours of arrival (48 hours in rural areas) if you stay in private accommodation. You must attend with the owner and their hukou, house book etc.You may also need an invitation letter from the host/ess you will be staying with when completing the visa application. (I believe the new application requests this, the old one didn't).
Aug 13, 2012 08:34
  • APAULT
I don't really see your problem. Your wife's family can invite you.

When I last applied for a visa, they were satisfied with me giving a list of places I'd be staying, all youth hostels, and on that on-line application there was only room for eight.

If necessary make a few bookings in hostels via a hostel booking site, you pay only 10% deposit and if you pick the cheaper ones they are as little as 30 rmb a night for a dorm bed. So once you have the visa, you cancel the bookings and lose quite a small sum.

Aug 24, 2012 15:57
GUESTSTEVE Hello ,
I have been to China twice in the past year , and will visit again next week . Each time I have been on an L visa , single or double entry . As I am retiring next year , I want to spend more time in China , perhaps a few years . These years would be spent living in Beijing and informally studying the language and culture . I would be 59 , financially independent and fully insured .
Any tips or suggestions ? Thanks , Steve .
Aug 24, 2012 22:00
  • ENID
If you have been issued visa twice in the past year, this time you can try to apply for a multiple entry tourist visa. Once again you need a few bookings in hostels and invitation letter from an individual in China or the potential school where you will study Chinese.
Post a Reply to: New Visa Application Confusing-Please help.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code