Menu
Chinese TV & Stories
Aug 23, 2012 23:43
  • NOBODY
Voting is valid from Aug 23, 2012 23:43 to Sep 22, 2012 23:43 .
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
  3. 0 vote(s)
  4. 0 vote(s)
  5. This vote is invalid now.
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
So i lived in China now for almost 4 years, i met many young chinese girls (as a teacher, not in a bar)
And i really want to ask:
Do young Chinese people have a "twisted" understanding of love and romance?
OF COURSE we can't generalize it, but i noticed that many (specially women) want a prince in a shining armor and than live like a princess but are actually serious about it. (in western countries we have the same, but many know that it's impossible to find a prince nowadays)
Or that a relationship needs to be like in a movie and if something goes wrong you kill yourself.
As example as in the following story:
https://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=69577

It's supposed to be very romantic, but that they hurt their families and friends. The boyfriend who maybe just needed some time to think about, ect.
I watched different TV shows in China and need to agree that there is a great similarity between this what chinese girls told me, and what i saw on TV.
Aug 24, 2012 01:25
  • ENID
So, you mean Chinese girls are material? I have to say they are practical and really serious about marriage. However, they may know that it is impossible to find a prince anyway, but fight for the last minutes for a better life. I live a simple life in China and I never expect to have a romantic lover or a relationship as what in the love movies. To pursue a better life is not wrong, but do not overdo a thing.
Aug 25, 2012 20:42
  • NOBODY
Well i wouldn't say that chinese girls are "material". My point is that many chinese girls are very influenced by the media. They need to find a handsome, charming, rich man who will hold and kiss them if they run away (which in some countries is almost considered rape [there had been lawsuits about this] )
Aug 26, 2012 21:25
Nobody,

You may not know that many young Chinese girls are badly influenced by South Korean romantic movies or TV series. They have too many similarities.

No.1 The leading actor and actress look very pretty and very fashioned.
No.2 The leading actress looks very ordinary and is always bullied by some bad guys at the beginning. When she meets the leading actor, he will protect her from any harm.
No.3 The leading actor is handsome and wealthy. They are sons as well as the successors of successful businessmen.
No.4 When the leading actor and actress falls in love, there will be another girl who tries her best to stop them being together because she loves the leading actor. Then another good guy will appear and accompany the leading actress when she is hurt. He actually loves her but never tells her his true feelings.
No.5 If necessary, the leading actor or leading actress will suffer serious sickness and can’t be cured. Then they will leave without telling her/him. Finally, she/he learns about the truth and find him/her and then stay together.
No.6 The actors or actresses cry many times and I can't remeber how many times they cry.
No.7 The leading actress will change from an ugly duckling to a white swan at last.

Unfortunately, such princes only exist in the South Korean movies or TV series. But young girls are dreaming of marrying such a prince.

I still remember that how crazy my female classmates were when we were in high school. They were obsessed in a South Korean TV series called ‘Endless Love’ or "Autumn in My Heart". Two girls sitting in front of talked to each other about the TV series every day. They once told me that they were totally moved and shed tears when watching it.

Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Aug 26, 2012 21:30
Aug 31, 2012 22:51
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
you must be too familiar with Korean TV stories. Great and classic design.
Aug 31, 2012 22:59
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOBODY

They need to find a handsome, charming, rich man who will hold and kiss them if they run away.

I see this point. This may fully flatter their vanity and makes their remarkable. Chinese mainland version of Meteor Garden is such a story too.
Sep 2, 2012 02:13
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY

I see this point. This may fully flatter their vanity and makes their remarkable. Chinese mainland version of Meteor Garden is such a story too.

Or they just test if the boys really love them. If the boy loves the girl, he won't let her run away.
Sep 3, 2012 16:24
  • EASTCHINASEA
Is it true that those nonsense has market among the youth In China. No. No. No. Back to earlier '80 when Taiwanese TV series with love theme poured into mainland china, they were only welcome among middle aged women and plus. It features tearing and crying loudly. Therefore it sounds very annoying and stupid.
Sep 6, 2012 22:59
  • RAINDROP
I don't think so, TV stories like this are attractive to teenagers, especially girls. They worship the handsome actor too much and this may destroy their recognition towards the real world.
Sep 7, 2012 21:12
  • EASTCHINASEA
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

I don't think so, TV stories like this are attractive to teenagers, especially girls. They worship the handsome actor too much and this may destroy their recognition towards the real world.

I would rather see the cartoons of Anderson's fairy tales as I did as a little kid then take time watching something ridiculous like this for nothing.

I prefer TV stories producted by Sanghai TV stories (now it's name Oriental TV station). The reason is that it reflects the real life of ordinary people. And they also like to pick local actors as starring roles as they cater to the taste of local people.

Here are two super stars in Chinese acting circle. Each decade they meet and plan a big show.

Jiang, Shan, a very gorgous actress with gifted acting talents

Jiang, Shan wearing a tasty black suit with Wang, Zhi Wen at conference show for TV show ''age 40".

Sep 7, 2012 21:15
  • EASTCHINASEA
Part of pre show
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese TV & Stories
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code