Menu
Going to Yellow Mountain from Shanghai
Apr 26, 2005 09:06
  • ASA1963
Hi,

I am going to visit Yellow Mountains from Shanghai by train as follows:

- From Shanghai by nighttrain to Tunxi Railway Station 29.4.
- from Tunxi Bus Station to Yellow Mt. Gate (Tangkou) 1 hour
- by minibus from Yellow Mt. Gate (Tangkou) to Cloud Valley Cable Car Station (20min.)
- Cable Car from Cloud Valley Temple directly to Xihai Hotel up in mountain (stay there 2 nights)
- back to Shanghai by nighttrain 2.5.

I can't speak chinese. Is it easy to find bus in Tunxi and Tangkou? Has somebody been in Xihai Hotel? How is the weather there at that time 30.4.-2.5.2005. Any tips for places to visit on my way to the mountain?

Thank you in advance for every advice!

Apr 26, 2005 12:13
  • DEE0228
Hi! ASA1963

I watched the weather forecast on TV yesterday and got the info that most China's cities would experience the rainy days during this May day holiday. To ocncern the weather of Huangshan or any cities you may visit
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/asieaaz.htm

Finding buses is not difficult, and since it's travel season you may meet some foreigners and college students there. Don't be shy to ask questions when you are in trouble, sometimes tourists are more helpful than the local staff.

Here attach a map of Huangshan area, may it is useful:)
http://www.yhhuangshan.com/hs_map2.htm

Have a good trip and we are looking forward to sharing your travel experience with us !
May 8, 2005 05:38
  • MMWEILAND
I will also be making the trip from Shanghai to Huangshan this summer. Did you enjoy your trip? Do you have any suggestions for me? I can speak only a little Chinese. I am planning to travel independently with 2 friends. I have no reservations.
Post a Reply to: Going to Yellow Mountain from Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code