Menu
Airport to Hotel at Midnight
Sep 25, 2012 04:15
guestalison hello there,

at Midnight, around 2 am, may i know if there's any form of public transportation from Airport to Hotel? ( Although i haven't book a hotel, but most probably it will be in the Wangfujing or Sanlitun area.......)

if there's no public transportation, how much taxi cost it will be to downtown area at midnight?

Thank you in advance!
Sep 26, 2012 01:06
GUEST542965 Hi,

There is no airport shuttle bus at that time. The last one departs at 01:00. Thus, taxi is the only choice. The starting price from 23:00 to 05:00 is CNY 11 and the taxi driver charges 20 percent more per kilometer.
Sep 26, 2012 01:45
  • MAGISTER
Please make sure that you book a hotel prior to arrival. Firstly if you are arriving in early October then your visit will clash with the national day holidays which are one of the busiest times for travel in china. Secondly, a lot of hotels in Beijing have recently begun to refuse to take foreign guests. This is mainly the result of authorities becoming stricter about the procedures that the hotels need to go through when registering a foreign guest. Some hotels have decided its not worth the effort and so simply turn foreigners away. Just last month a friend of mine flew into Beijing late at night and expected to be able to find a hotel near the airport only to find that the hotels were either full or they didn't want him because he was a foreigner. Instead he ended up having to sleep outside!
Sep 26, 2012 17:33
GUEST92202 I traveled via taxi between Terminal 3 and Beijing center city several times last week with my Chinese girlfriend, paying about 90-100 rmb (less than $20 USD). It was quick and hassle-free. Make sure they are on the meter and give you a ticket. Just say "pee-ow" and they'll know what you mean. As for a hotel, do your homework and pay for it before arrival. Plenty of hotel rooms for foreigners, but national holiday time could be tough.
Post a Reply to: Airport to Hotel at Midnight
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code