Menu
I need help on my itinerary
Sep 25, 2012 19:52
hi guys... it will be my first time in Beijing! I can't wait actually to see great wall of china, forbidden city, etc. You might have some great suggestions on places to see, food to eat, chinese phrases, etc. Let me know, pls!
thanks!
Sep 26, 2012 03:15
Hi, I've never been to Beijing, too. But I know some places to see.
There is a street called Wang Fu Jin, it's very crowded and there are many traditional foods from differents places of China.
Another place that I know is Tian'anmen Square, it's also a famous place that you can't miss during your visit in China~
As for chinese phrases, I think the most important phrases are "How much?":Duo Shao Qian. "Could it be cheaper?" : Pian Yi Dian. "How can I get there? ": Zen Me Qu.
Sep 26, 2012 07:48
  • MAGISTER
Have you decided which part of the wall to visit? I would recommend jinshanling. It's a little further from Beijing than some of the other parts which most tourists go to but it is far more authentic and it won't be overcrowded. I'd also recommend visiting the summer palace and/or the temple of heaven. At this time of year both are nice places to spend an afternoon and you'll find plenty of elderly people there singing various kinds of music, playing traditional instruments, dancing and playing card & board games. When you go to the forbidden city remember to get an electronic tour guide as without it you won't really know what you're looking at. There is also a small hill just behind the forbidden city called jinshang park (separate admission) which gives you great views back across the forbidden city as well as much of downtown Beijing. If you are feeling adventurous then hire a bike and get lost in the hutong (traditional neighborhoods in beijing). You'll definitely want to take a map when you do that that and have the name and address of your hotel written in Chinese characters so that if you really do get lost you can just jump in a taxi.
Post a Reply to: I need help on my itinerary
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code