Menu
Visa questions for US citzen and his Chinese fiance
Oct 20, 2012 10:29
guestDarrell MY girl and I are trying to get married later on next year. Before that happens, I would like her to meet my family back in the US.
She is 23 and works for a foreign company here in Shanghai.

We would just be going back for 2 weeks at most and than back to SH.
I am totally clueless about 1) Which visa to get and how to obtain it. and 2) If this fiance visa means that we have to get married in the US and after we would have to stay for 10 years?.

Please help me shed some light.
Thanks!
Darrell
Oct 24, 2012 07:00
GUEST22198 If she is visiting all you need is a tourist visa. However, many immigration departments are very suspicious about single male or females travelling outside of a tourist group. You may need to provide evidence that she will return before the visa expires (30/90 days?).

Suitable evidence that she will return to China would be ownership of an apartment, has a child in China, letter from her employer advising that her job is being kept open, and a substantial cash balance in a Chinese bank.

If you intend to marry you will need to apply for a fiancée visa which is much more complicated and will take several months. If this is granted you must marry within a certain time frame.
Oct 24, 2012 09:40
  • NICOLEF
I think you need to apply a vistor visa.
Oct 26, 2012 11:17
GUEST47158 You can get a visa online to go to China. She would need to apply for a visa and get a passport in China.
Nov 2, 2012 20:25
GUEST17115 It's like what guest22198 said.

You will need to go to China at least twice to meet with her, then build a "bona fida" relationship that you will be able to prove to the US consulate in Guangzhou.

Good luck.
Nov 6, 2012 22:29
  • VISAOFCHINA
For you: With your girlfirend's invitation, you can get a 6 or 12 month L visa in China Embassy. However, you can only apply the dependent visa after your marriage when you reach China.

For your girlfriend, with your invitation, she is possible to apply a tourist US visa to US(she still need to provide bank statement and some other necessary documents), she is possible to get a 1 year M entry US visa to go to US(if she felt difficult, please ask her to contact me and I'll recommend our visa for Chinese go abroad team to help her)

Marriage is always easy for the visa, if possible, you guys can apply a marriage certificate in Honkong or some other place, this also works on the Embassy.
Nov 15, 2012 00:32
GUEST11580 how do i find out the status for my Fiancee visa?
Post a Reply to: Visa questions for US citzen and his Chinese fiance
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code