Menu
How many of the Five Sacred Mountains have you been to?
Oct 23, 2012 04:33
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 38 vote(s)
  2. 8 vote(s)
  3. 10 vote(s)
  4. 7 vote(s)
  5. 22 vote(s)
  6. 68 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Mt. Tai in Shandong, Mt. Hua in Shaanxi, Mt. Heng in Hunan, Mt. Heng in Shanxi and Mt. Song in Henan are named as the Five Sacred Mountains in China.

How many of the Five Sacred Mountains have you been to?
Oct 27, 2012 04:34
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
I plan to explore all of them in near future. I am not sure if they are all sacred, but Mt.Huashan really is.
Nov 10, 2012 22:22
  • EMERALD7
mt. hua is the only one i have not been to coz there happened to be an accident occurring with a stdent frm pla number 4 medical school before i planned to go. im scrared away n gave up. its really a challenge to climb mt. hua that is only one way of trail fo up n down...
Nov 13, 2012 19:42
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY View Post

I plan to explore all of them in near future. I am not sure if they are all sacred, but Mt.Huashan really is.

So you must have been to Mt. Hua, right? Mt. Song is composed of Taishi mountain and Shaoshi Mountain. I've been to Shaolin Temple in Henan, which is built on Shaoshi Mountain. Could I say I have been to Mt. Song?
Nov 13, 2012 19:46
  • RAINDROP
EMERALD7,

My friend climbed the Mt. Hua. He started climbing at night and reached the peak in the early morning. He made it to see the sunrise. When he reached the peak, he realized how dangerous the Mt. Hua. At night, he just focused on climbing and couldn't see the steep mountain.
Nov 15, 2012 19:54
  • GLENEVANS
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

EMERALD7,

My friend climbed the Mt. Hua. He started climbing at night and reached the peak in the early morning. He made it to see the sunrise. When he reached the peak, he realized how dangerous the Mt. Hua. At night, he just focused on climbing and couldn't see the steep mountain.

Your friend made it and saw the sunrise ignoring the dangers ahead due to the darkness. What a wonderful life! We ordinary people normally end up with where we start seeing the sunset. If there's two options put in front of me, I would go with the latter probably. however, they are not comparable. It relys on how you look at it, utilize it and how the things you experienced and people you met affect you. LIfe is wonderful and mysterious...
Nov 15, 2012 21:48
GUEST58 Raindrop, It is true. As I know, most people choose to climb Mt.Hua at night and take cable car down the next day. It is also the recommended itinerary. My little sister did the same last year. How brave she was, but she had to stay in bed for few days due to the muscle injury.
Nov 18, 2012 01:57
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST58

Raindrop, It is true. As I know, most people choose to climb Mt.Hua at night and take cable car down the next day. It is also the recommended itinerary. My little sister did the same last year. How brave she was, but she had to stay in bed for few days due to the muscle injury.

She must be lack of doing exercises. Seriously, Mt. Hua is very steep. It is exhausted if you conquer Mt. Hua.
Nov 18, 2012 02:00
  • RAINDROP
Glenevens,

Only do you come to Mt. Hua, you will feel how dangerous it is. I saw the photos taken by my friend and then trembled because I am afraid of height. I am not sure if I am brave enough to climb the Mt. Hua. Maybe, I will use the cable car to finish my trip.
Nov 19, 2012 05:47
Mt. Tai in Shandong i only visit. But would definitely like to visit all the remaining six.
Nov 19, 2012 19:42
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by DOUGLASCDGLONTS

Mt. Tai in Shandong i only visit. But would definitely like to visit all the remaining six.

Remaining six? I just mentioned five sacred mountains here. I guess you add two other mountains on your wish list.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How many of the Five Sacred Mountains have you been to?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code