Menu
China railway stations tighten check-in procedure!
May 1, 2013 20:08
  • MIKEF56
I'm travelling with a party of 6, and will be arriving Pudong (from Osaka) on 29th May, and are planning to take the night train T169, to Guangzhou.
1 - How do I get to Shanghai South Station, is there a shuttle bus?, and how much is the fare?
2 - I intend on buying the train tickets online. How early should I book?, and can you forsee any problems (we have Australian passports)
3 - We actually are travelling to XinHui (near Jiangmen). I believe we need to change trains at Guangzhou. How do we take the bullet train from Guangzhou to XinHui? (how to get to correct station/platform in Guangzhou?).
4 - Does this trip to XinHui need to be booked in advance? or should we buy the original ticket from Shanghai to XinHui?
5 - We will have each, a large suitcase, and laptop bag. Will there be room in a soft sleeper cabin?
Sorry for all the questions, but my research has obtained only bits and pieces of information.
Regards,
Michael
May 1, 2013 22:04
  • MIKEF56
Thanks for the reply. Will I be able to buy the tickets on the spot? (on day of travel?). My party has 6 members, and we want 6 x soft sleeper tickets....preferably 3 sleepers in each cabin, consisting of two bottom and one top sleeper per cabin...I'm concerned that the train could be full, and we wont get our seating as desired..
Regards,
Michael
May 1, 2013 22:10
  • MIKEF56
Oh, I forgot to ask, ...Can train tickets be bought elsewhere, like a travel office/agent/another station, or must I go to Shanghai Station?
Thanks
May 3, 2013 22:24
GUEST53543
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEF56

Oh, I forgot to ask, ...Can train tickets be bought elsewhere, like a travel office/agent/another station, or must I go to Shanghai Station?
Thanks

Yes, you can ask a travel agency to handle the tickets for you. They are much more capable of getting the tickets. However, they charge you the service fee.
Jun 12, 2013 22:56
  • LILLI
i need train ticket beijing to guangzhou can i buy same day when i go, yahoo.com|lillijp
Last edited by LILLI: Jun 12, 2013 23:09
Jun 14, 2013 22:42
GUEST6565
Quote:

Originally Posted by LILLI

i need train ticket beijing to guangzhou can i buy same day when i go, yahoo.com|lillijp

I suggest you buy it as early as you can. It's hard to say if there are tickets on the same day when you leave.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China railway stations tighten check-in procedure!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code