Menu
Queries on Travel to Beijing
Apr 13, 2004 10:58
  • COCO
Hi,

1. Any reasonable cheap and clean place to stay in Beijing (needs attached bathroom).

2. Is it difficult to get around in Beijing (ie to travel to places to interest?)

3. Is it safe for 3 girls to go around on our own in Beijing?

4. Can I buy a ticket from Beijing to Shanghai? Is it expensive?

5. Is it safe to take public transport?

Thanks

Apr 13, 2004 11:04
  • ALAN

i went to beijing last Nov and i have to say getting around in Beijing is a big problem. The traffic jam there were out of my expectation. Be sure to set out at least one hour ahead to any places downtown and at least two hours for the suburb area for it takes time to go through four circle roads surrounding the downtown and several flyovers.
Better to have a city map in both English and Chinese and do an investigation on it before you go out.
Taxi is available anywhere and drivers are often skillful at avoiding jams.
Apr 13, 2004 11:05
  • HARDROAD
Hi guy,

It's seem you know China so little.

In fact, Beijing is very moden and safe city which worth to travel.

Reply your questions:

Hi,

1. Any reasonable cheap and clean place to stay in Beijing (needs attached bathroom).
--So many hotels can be selected, and they are cheap and clean. It's just cost about$35/night.(all of them have bathroom)

2. Is it difficult to get around in Beijing (ie to travel to places to interest?)
--It's very easy. there are subway,taxi and bus. And Beijing is very safe for visitors.

3. Is it safe for 3 girls to go around on our own in Beijing?
--Of course. It's safe for you in downtown. I mean,you'd better not go to outskirt in night.

4. Can I buy a ticket from Beijing to Shanghai? Is it expensive?
--You can go to Shanghai by plant or train. They are cost about $50(special price for VIP, need card. I have the card. ). For train just cost about $15.

5. Is it safe to take public transport?

--Of course.
By the way, You'd better make the detail plan before you come beijing. It's good idea to have a local friend who can be help.Enjoy your tour.
Let's me know if you need more details.
Apr 13, 2004 11:06
  • FUNNY
Hi

My friends and I went to Beijing last year and we had a great time there. You can take taxis and it is pretty cheap..and in the downtown area you can also take the subway.
Apr 13, 2004 11:07
  • COCO
Thanks, all for the information. I actually would like to go BJ on my own but am being vetoed by my friends (they want to join a group tour - boring).

Just for my information, (If I can convinced my travelling companion), you mentioned about tickets to Shanghai costing only $150 - how do you get those if I do not have the card and now much it cost?

Thanks

Post a Reply to: Queries on Travel to Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code