Menu
Bright and spacious preserved 1930s apartment in Chongqing Mansion building
Nov 1, 2012 22:49
guest15215 Available starting December 18th, this 65 square meter apartment is located on the 3rd floor of the Chongqing Mansions. Built in 1930, Chongqing Mansions is a landmark building located at the southeast corner of Fuxing Lu and Chongqing Nan Lu. This building is a classic example of vintage art deco Shanghai architecture, with high (4.5 meter!) ceilings, mosaic tile and wood parquet floors. The building faces Fuxing Park and also has a large private green space behind it. Across the street is the Sinan Mansions development, and Xintiandi is two blocks away. The Line 10 Xintiandi metro stop is two blocks away, less than five minutes’ walk. The whole building is peaceful and surprisingly well preserved. The neighbors have lived here forever and are very quiet.

The apartment includes a large central room, an attached private bathroom, kitchen, private back stairwell, and foyer entryway with two large closets. It has a lot of storage space in every room. Vintage 1930s design includes transom windows above all the doors. Each room has three transoms, allowing a continual flow of fresh air to circulate through the space. The stairwell and back corner of the Chongqing Mansions is open on each floor, providing a balcony space to eat outside, and fresh air to flow through the building. Best of all, the apartment’s three tall paned windows face southwest, keeping the space brightly lit throughout the day, and giving you an unobstructed view of the sun setting over Sinan Mansions. It has been beautifully renovated and almost all the original details are still here.

This apartment is available for sublet from December 18th to January 18th for RMB 5000. Available for show starting NOW! The lease is available starting January 20th, and the landlord has asked me to find the next tenant. He is pretty nice and a decent human being. He intends to keep the monthly rate at RMB 5000 for the next two years at least. The apartment comes fully furnished, although he is willing to remove furniture that you don’t want. There is a wireless transmitter for the internet service, which has been totally reliable. Additionally, I have filled the place with lots of big houseplants, all of which are really happy in the sunlit space. These plus all the IKEA stuff I bought for the kitchen and bath are available if you want them. I’ve lived in several old Shanghai buildings since 2004. These days Shanghai’s real estate market seems to specialize in badly renovated old places for ridiculous prices. I think this apartment is exceptional in quality and price. Thanks for looking.
Nov 1, 2012 22:50
GUEST15215 Please send an email for photos: subdivide23 at gmail dot com
Post a Reply to: Bright and spacious preserved 1930s apartment in Chongqing Mansion building
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code