Menu
Please help us deal with MSG spams!
Dec 3, 2012 03:54
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

We recently have receive some complaint letters or messages over msg spams from our members. They complain that they frequently receive annoying 'spam' messages. Here we'd like to tell all of you that we have been working on dealing with those spams for years. We have tried many ways to stop the spams.

We add "Report to Admin" function in the Msg Box. Hope all members who receive spams can report spam messages immediately to us so that we can block their usernames in time.

We also add verification code in the Msg Box. Some members may feel it is redundant to input verification code before sending a message. Please understand that we add it to prevent some members using malicious programs to send messages to many users at a time.

However, we didn't do enough because our members are still annoyed by spams. Here we really hope that all of you can help us deal with the spams. Please use 'report to admin' function to report the spams immediately to us. The earlier you report to us, the fewer members will be disturbed or get cheated.

Community Moderators
Dec 4, 2012 13:10
  • DAVEC
Why do you get so many and cant stop them? surely there must be a way around this. I am on lots of forums and this is the only one where I get 'i love you' messages daily.
Possibly you can look in to how others are dealing with it
Dec 6, 2012 02:53
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear Davec,

We have found some ways to deal with spam messages. But it might cause inconvenience to our members. We never give up seeking perfect ways to fight spam messages.

Thanks for your advice, Davec. We will learn from other forums about how to deal with spams.

Community Moderators
Dec 7, 2012 02:55
  • PAPERCLIP777
Unfortunately this is part and parcel of operating a popular forum. What forum engine are you using?

Dec 8, 2012 11:34
GUESTMARIA I support u, Siva to protect this site from downgrading to nothing!
Dec 9, 2012 00:48
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPERCLIP777

Unfortunately this is part and parcel of operating a popular forum. What forum engine are you using?

We develop and run our community on our own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTMARIA

I support u, Siva to protect this site from downgrading to nothing!

Thanks, Maria.
Dec 24, 2012 07:13
  • CARLOS
Spam, it really is annoying, but getting rid of it is quite easy. Just tick the messages and then delete them.

Last time I logged in - and that was not yesterday - there were perhaps two spams, today four. Not so very much, I would say.

I think there are many levels of stupidness and the second lowest level is reserved for those who think someone really thinks the message is real.

The lowest level is for those - and unfortunately there always is one or two - who really think the message is real.
Dec 24, 2012 20:25
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear Carlos,

We also believe that our members won't be scammed by these stupid messages. But it is really annoying when you open your Inbox and see many junk messages. Thus, we always keep working on dealing with those spams. Next time you find the spam messages, please report to us and we will delete their accounts immediately.

Although we are moderators, we do not know what messages our members send to each other. This is in accordance with our privacy policy. Thus, we need your help to report those who send spam or junk messages. As a result, we can take actions quickly.

Thanks for all your understanding and cooperation.

Community Moderators
Dec 25, 2012 15:18
  • CARLOS
Understand.

Did not mean to sound ignorant. It´s just that I am sooo used to spam and I know there is really nothing to do about it. There was a time I reported spam here but then I just started to delete them.

Spammed forum... no one to blame, it´s just the way it is.

Promise to click the report-button next time I get spam...

Carlos

Dec 25, 2012 20:15
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear Carlos,

Thank you for your kindness. In fact, there are some extreme ways to deal with spams. But we are afraid that some actions will cause inconvenience to other innocent members.

Anyway, we hope each member can help us to deal with the spams together. With your help, our community will develop faster.
Jan 18, 2013 05:43
  • STERJOVSKI
Nice to meet you. I am a newbie here. I hope all friends will support me in this community.

Thanks a lot!
Mile
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Please help us deal with MSG spams!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code