Passengers from 45 countries to enjoy 72 hours visa-free stay in Beijing from Jan 1, 2013
Jan 17, 2018 13:22
GUEST51243 Does the 72 hours or 144 hour visa free Transit policy apply for cruise passengers arriving at Tianjin Port(for Beijing), and Shanghai Port (Baoshan) ?
Can UK passport holders obtain a Transit Visa when they leave their cruise ship to go on tours ??

Some information I see online suggests that as from December 2017 Tianjin port is now included in the policy as well as Shanghai ! However, I cannot get a confirmed answer to this from my cruise company or even official government sites ! Most information comes from sites that want to sell you a full visa !

After 2-nights on-ship at Tianjin, the ship leaves for Shanghai (End of Cruise), and we Fly to UK.

Can anyone help, as we don't want to get Full Tourist Visas(around £200) if we do not need them for calling at these two ports in China.
Jun 7, 2018 06:21
  • Points:
  • Join Date: May 20, 2016
  • Status: Offline

Normally the 144 hour transit policy allows you to enter China for the purpose of traveling to another country. In your case you are planning to enter China two times in row and then travel home. In my opinion you are not qualified for a transit, as you plan to enter China for two times and then travel back home.

A typical transit would be from UK via China to another Asian country for example.

I regularly consult a visa agency and get my visas sorted out by them. As they are dealing with visa issues day by day it is easy for them to give you an profound answer. Mostly the consultation is free. As I am originated in Germany the visa agency I consult is called 1a Visum. Surely you may sent them a mail in English. Otherwise just check out the web for visa agencies in UK. I am sure you will find plenty of them over there too.
Aug 23, 2018 07:06
GUEST31197 I really want to help.
Nov 7, 2018 17:10
GUESTDISORGA... Hi all. I am in Japan for holiday now. British passport. Tommorrow I fly on a connected flights itinerary with air china on a long homeward journey to U.K. first stop is Shanghai where I intend to leave the airport ( without case) and stay the night.

Next day - 22 hours after land I fly from Shanghai to Guangzhou m. Layover of 6 hours at GH so I’m leaving from a diff port to the one I arrived at and GH doesn’t appear to be on the lists of cities you can hop to.

Will I get a visa? Do I need the 72 hours or the 144 hours? I don’t think the 24 hours will be ok as I leave GH about 27 hours after landing in Beijing. Please help

Sorry for late notice!
Jun 22, 2019 11:21
GUESTDEREK F... Hi. Can I visit on the 144 hour rule without a visa?
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Passengers from 45 countries to enjoy 72 hours visa-free stay in Beijing from Jan 1, 2013
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code