Menu
is it possible to pay for a meal by mastercard from australia
Jan 1, 2013 02:06
  • PETERSEAFORD
we have good friends in Chongqing and would love to " shout " them a meal.

They love Hot Pot and they are a husband , wife and daughter.

is it possible that we pay for their meal from Australia by either paypal or mastercard.

would there be a most popular resturant with whom we may book and pay

Happy New Year

regards

peter
Jan 2, 2013 00:17
GUESTABEL I am afraid not if you want to pay for a meal from Australia. Most restaurants in China accept cash, debit card or credit card as payment only. Maybe you can try to find some online if they post advertisement on any trade website.
Jan 12, 2013 03:44
  • PETERSEAFORD
thank you very much for answering.

i have even emailed hotels and they do not reply so maybe i will just send cash.

would you be in a position to advise how much a Hot Pot meal for two adults and a teenager might cost at the best place in town

would value your advise

regards

peter
Jan 13, 2013 01:31
  • CHERRY07
It depends on what kind of hot pot you choose and what you eat. I think CNY 200 is OK for a meal. If you order more meat, you will pay more for the bill.
Mar 3, 2013 05:42
  • PETERSEAFORD
thanks very much but as i got no replies i bought a red card and wished my friend good fortune for the Spring Festival and enclosed two fifty australian dollar bills.
thanks to the honesty of the post office workers the card and money arrived in 13 days from Australia

do appreciate your time and help
kind regards

peter
Mar 6, 2013 04:07
  • PETERSEAFORD
Dear Cherry
when i visited your beautiful country i met a man and his family - we are now friends and i well knew that if i sent him money there would be a million things to spend it on and not one would be for entertailment for him and the family.

what i was trying to do was pay for a meal at a resturant in their town of Chongquing so that all the family needed to do was turn up and they would recieve all the resturant had to offer for nwhich i was perpaired to pay by paypal or mastercard or what ever - then i could rest assured that our friends had a fantastic time but no hotel or resturant bothered to even reply so i sent australian dollars in the mail.

the money arrived but i know that the cash will settle some bill or another which is nice but our family friends have not had a great time that they would have enjoyed if we were there - thats all.

you will say that the choice is theirs and i agree but to have a beaut time is also good.

love and regards

peter
Mar 6, 2013 21:53
  • CHERRY07
Peter,

You are lucky. In China, it is prohibited to send money by envelope. If you did it secretly, nobody would know it. But you won't be compensated if your money was gone.

Actually, you can treat your friends when you come to China next time. Or you can send them small gifts to show your thanks. It's better than send them some money or ask a restaurant to treat them and you pay the bill. If I were them, I wouldn't go even if the restaurant did as you said. I thought someone just tricked me.
Post a Reply to: is it possible to pay for a meal by mastercard from australia
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code