Menu
1 week in Chengdu
May 5, 2005 01:26
  • JESS1404
Hi travel buddies

I am coming to Chengdu for one week. First visit so really dunno what to expect. Judging from the kind explanations I gathered here at this forum, I like to visit Mt Leshan/Emeishan (probably stay one night there,then returning to chengdu for overnight. Then proceed to Hai Luo Gou for 2 nites stay, then return to chengdu again. Question 1 : Is this the best itinerary route by bus? Or is it better to travel by train?
Question 2: Is Hai Lou Gou and Jiu
zhai Gou similar?

Thanks alot for all your info!!

May 5, 2005 09:03
1.Bus is directly .Point to point.
2.Jiu zhai gou is different from hai luogou. I will not skip Jiu zhai gou if I were you.
May 5, 2005 11:51
  • JESS1404
Thanks tomorrowneverdie,

Then in that case, i will skip hai luo guo and fly to jiu zhai guo instead to spend 2 nites there. Is it easy for me to book the flights when I arrive or should I book now from the internet? Any site that U can recommend for me to book my air passage to jiu zhai guo? Should I move on my own there or book a guide to travel along and explain the history, etc etc or is it enough reading materials from guide books?

Thanks a million!This is making my holiday there a pleasure oredi..
May 5, 2005 15:02
you don't have to book air ticket now since you will arrive on August. It won't be a peak time of Jiuzhai gou. You could book a hotel in advance and ask them if they could help you to book the tickets.Jiu zhai gou park's ticket will give you route and each of sight have the sign of introduction. In my point of view, you don't need a guide ,because it's not a historical site. Enjoy the beauty of nature!!!
May 6, 2005 02:00
  • JESS1404
Hi Tomorrowneverdie

Many thanks for your kind explanation. Actually I am flying to chengdu soon, arriving 21May staying for a week only. I dunno whether is May a peak period but never mind, i will check it out when I arrive. One more thing, I like to visit the panda bear research centre. Is there a direct bus or train there?

thanks once again!

May 6, 2005 09:47
the tempreture could reach over 30 degree till then.
You could take bus there.Take Buses NO.1 No.45 No.63 No.69、No.70、No.71、No.80(each of them) to QIng longchang Bus centre Stop.Then Change the mid-bus Qing longchang to Long tansi. You won't miss it.(bus fee 1yuan).You can also choose Taxi. 15km all together.It's located on the dune of Norhern of Chengdu.
May 6, 2005 12:52
  • JESS1404
Thanks fren

I will def visit it.. won't miss it. So it will be the panda research centre, Mt Leshan/Emeishan plus Jiu zhai gou for me. I have some free time in the city. Any place you can suggest? or is Wuhou memorial temple and the thatched cottage of Du Fu worth going? Is yes, can suggest what buses to take to there? And of course, I will def go to Chunxi street after 8pm too!

Thanks a bunch!! :-)
Post a Reply to: 1 week in Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code