Menu
Importing from China do's and don'ts
Jan 9, 2013 04:22
Hi All,

I will be starting a import business from the UK, and tend to fly out to China later this year. At the moment just looking around for ideas, planning to go to the Yiwu Trade fair. Would love to hear your encounters, and quick heads up about what to do and not to do. Would love to hear from some trust worthy contacts as well.

Regards
Jan 11, 2013 06:55
GUEST24212 Your first step is to hook up with a reliable, trustworthy local contact to avoid all those pit falls you have heard of. Without such an agent, you are an easy prey for suppliers.
Jan 14, 2013 07:02
Cheers for that, have you any suppliers / agents that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance
Jan 17, 2013 21:55
  • MELOLDY_XD
Hi, I could recommand a lady who used to be my colleague when I worked in Yiwu after graduation from university, her name is Greesn, she lives in Yiwu and speaks fluent English.

BTW, what business are you doing now? Any interest to participate the Canton Fair?
Jan 22, 2013 02:48
  • HEIDIQINGDAO
Hi, what is your business product or business line?

1. If you are the first time to China, it is better that you find a reliable local guide/interpreter to help you, no matter you find one by yourself or recommend by friends.

2. Since you are in UK, there are some forums to discuss importing from China. You can login and get some suggestions there, such as http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk

3. There will be thousands of products in Yiwu, so it is necessary to make a clear interested products list, or you will be lost in the thousands of products.

4. Prepare the name card, enough.

5. Prepare a big luggage bag, with wheels, for samples & brochures. Because you will get many many brocures and samples, they are heavy to carry.

Good luch in 2013!

I am in Qingdao providing interpreter, paper translation, car driving, source assistant or local help, if you visit Qingdao one day, you can contact me for help.
Oct 20, 2014 03:37
  • SELINAWANG
Hi, Mr

I am an export agent in Yiwu, like sourcing itme from factory, loading container, make loading excel for buyer, etc. i am a reliable agent with 12 years export experience in Yiwu. please feel free to contact me if you need any help, my mail is hotmail.com|xjsme1202, mob: 13868996130, skype: selinachinese,
Post a Reply to: Importing from China do's and don'ts
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code