Menu
Air pollution attacks 33 cities in China!
Jan 13, 2013 03:34
  • JIMMYB
Have fog has attacked many cities in China. The level of AQI (Air Quality Index) in 33 cities has raised to 'heavily polluted'. The PM 2.5 density in Beijing has exceeded 900. You can imagine how serious the pollution is.

No.1 Beijing CBD Area.

Jan 13, 2013 03:36
  • JIMMYB
Hefei and Lianyungang City.

Jan 14, 2013 11:16
GUEST24212 I never knew smog could get this bad. If China starts using more natural gas instead of coal for heating, this extreme smog situation won't be so bad.
Jan 14, 2013 20:06
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST24212

I never knew smog could get this bad. If China starts using more natural gas instead of coal for heating, this extreme smog situation won't be so bad.

The vehicles also contribute to the air pollution. The more cars we have, the more serious the pollution is.
Jan 14, 2013 21:54
  • CHERRY07
Today, I heard from the news that seven cities of China were listed on the top ten most polluted cities in the world. Unfortunately, all news reports didn't tell which were the seven cities.

Why can't the medium disclose those seven cities?
Jan 16, 2013 00:41
  • DODGER
Much of the pollutions appears to come from coal fired boilers used for central heating in Beijing. The smokestack next to my apartment is belching huge amounts of smoke day and night.
Apart from that the constructions sites in Beijing, because it’s been dry, produce huge amounts of dust, and with no wind, it just hangs there.
Today, after light snow yesterday we have blue skies.

Cheers, Dodger.
Jan 16, 2013 21:00
  • JIMMYB
Dodger,

I learnt a new word from the internet, that is, Beijing Cough. Some foreigners say that they cough when then stay in Beijing. When they come back home, they don't cough.

Do you suffer from Beijing cough?
Jan 17, 2013 02:03
  • DODGER
Jimmy, when I first saw people wearing face masks I thought they were a little mad. Now I know why. You could have cut the air with a knife a few days back. It was horrible.
I have a modest apartment just east of the 5th ring road and on a good day I can see the CCTV tower. But not last week. I couldn’t see the buildings across the road.
I’m luck, I don’t suffer from Beijing cough, but I must admit that I didn’t feel very well for a few days last week. I understand that hundreds, if not thousands of people needed hospital help.
We’ve had clear blue skies here for the past two days so it may have been a mixture of nature and man made pollution combined. But I’m no expert.

Cheers, Dodger.
Jan 18, 2013 21:35
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Dodger,

I learnt a new word from the internet, that is, Beijing Cough. Some foreigners say that they cough when then stay in Beijing. When they come back home, they don't cough.

Do you suffer from Beijing cough?

It is terrible! so you mean we just have adapted this polluted environment!!!
Jan 20, 2013 03:42
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

It is terrible! so you mean we just have adapted this polluted environment!!!

Do we have other options? Remember the evolution theory? "the survival of the fittest". So wear a mask if you have to go out and stop doing exercises if the air pollution is too serious.
Post a Reply to: Air pollution attacks 33 cities in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code