Menu
How to go to Harbin with cheap transportation ?
Jan 15, 2013 22:53
  • ARDIYANI
How to go to Harbin with cheap transportation from guangzhou ? and I want to know the price of hotel at harbin, is there cheap hotel ?
Jan 16, 2013 10:02
  • SASHA
I was wondering the same... Wanted to take my gf to see the snow in Harbin, and then I saw flights are like 2000-3000rmb ONE WAY, what??? I don't get it, why it's cheaper to fly to Europe or US, than to Harbin inside China? Doesn't make any sense...
Jan 16, 2013 20:16
GUEST7738 SASHA,

Remember that Harbin is 'hot' this moment. That's why the air tickets to Harbin are very expensive. By the way, the Spring Festival Transportation Peak has already started. During this period, the discounted air tickets are very rare. Meanwhile, the rail tickets are hard to get no matter you buy it on the internet or from the railway station.

If you plan to save some money, you may take train from Guangzhou to Harbin. There is only one train. I suggest you take train from Guangzhou to Beijing and then transfer from Beijing to Harbin. Be prepared for the long train journey and the crowds on the train.

The total cost of the train journey is between 1000 and 1300.

ARDIYANI,

Remember that the International Ice and Snow Festival is held now in Harbin. The hotels can't be as cheap as you thought. Some people even can't book hotels successfully.

Jan 17, 2013 10:21
  • SASHA
Yes I'm aware that Harbin is 'hot', but for that money one can fly to Europe and see the snow there, so it's really nonsense... Luckily I'm beach lover, so I'll go south & cheap ;-)
Jan 26, 2013 00:23
  • ARDIYANI
I agree with sasha...u know with 2000 rmb only i can go to Indonesia round trip through hongkong, sasha if u are a beach lover .. next time u should go to Bali or Lombok Island,,,check the beach are beautiful :)
Jan 26, 2013 21:50
GUEST7738
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARDIYANI

I agree with sasha...u know with 2000 rmb only i can go to Indonesia round trip through hongkong, sasha if u are a beach lover .. next time u should go to Bali or Lombok Island,,,check the beach are beautiful :)

Then you may give up your visit to Harbin. Popular destinations attract millions of visitors. The more visitors they attract, the more expensive the expenditure is.

Sanya is popular in winter since many visitors from northern China swarm into Sanya. That's why the accommodation fee there is expensive too.
Feb 3, 2013 08:25
  • SASHA
Thanks ARDIYANI, I've been to your beautiful country, Bali is true paradise...

Yea I'm huge beach lover, in summer I'm on HongKong beaches, and in winter I'm always in Hainan, Singapore, Malaysia and Boracay Philippines ;-)

It's still really weird to see those 2000-3000rmb tickets to Harbin, when Sanya (another 'super-hot' destination) can be flown for 400-800 (December-January, I did it both from Shanghai and from Guangzhou is dirt-cheap).

If you really want to see the snow, for that money you can see it in Europe ;-)
Feb 5, 2013 00:14
  • JIMMYB
Sasha,

China has too large population. In winter, people swarm into Harbin to see snow or go to Hainan to enjoy the beach. The more people come there, the more expensive the air tickets are. Why? The resource is limited. Most people don't go abroad to see the snow as you said.
Feb 9, 2013 16:52
  • SASHA
Thanks Jimmy, I'm aware of the situation...
I'm just trying to say - it's absolutely unfair to Chinese people... Even for Sanya (which is hottest destination), in peak season airlines add extra flights handle demand (up to 30 daily from GZ!) so even in Dec/Jan you can find affordable flights (400/800rmb from GZ/SH, I fly every month), but to Harbin they push to 2000-3000rmb (one way!) which is absolute robbery...
I don't care myself since I don't want to go there anyway, just feel unfair for my Chinese friends who are sad because flying to Harbin is reserved for rich people only...

I'm done here, Happy New Year to all, cheers from sunny Boracay island ;-)

Alex / Sasha
Feb 17, 2013 01:29
  • JIMMYB
Sasha,

It's indeed unfair but we can travel in a smart way. We may not have to fly directly to Harbin. We can fly to Dalian or Shenyang and then use train to Harbin. Then the air tickets shouldn't have been so damn expensive.
Post a Reply to: How to go to Harbin with cheap transportation ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code