Menu
Shanghai to Wuhan by train
Feb 2, 2013 03:32
  • DAVEC
A month ago using this search I found a whole page of train going from SH through to Wuhan, looking again yesterday I find there are only 4!
Is there a problem on the train search page or have they drastically cut the amount traveling through to Wuhan?
Feb 2, 2013 03:54
GUESTBRIAN Hi, you may try again, I found a whole page just now.

These days are the busiest time for train tickets booking. Tickets booking within 5 days prior to the departure date is not available now.
Feb 7, 2013 15:43
  • DAVEC
Still showing just 4 trains for me
Feb 7, 2013 19:58
Dave,

I searched on the official website of China Railways. It displays many trains. However, I got four results like you when I searched trains from Shanghai to Wuhan. Well, I tried it again and noticed that there were two options shown up when I entered Wuhan. The first was 'Wuhan' and the other was "Wuhan (Hankou)". When I chose 'Wuhan(Hankou)' and searched again, there are many results.

In fact, there are three railway stations in Wuhan. They are Wuhan, Hankou and Wuchang.
Feb 7, 2013 20:20
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Davec and Lonelyjourney,

We have already fixed the problem you mentioned. Now all trains from Shanghai to Wuhan are displayed when you search trains from 'Shanghai' to 'Wuhan'.

We apologize for the mistake we made. Dave, hope that your trip won't be affected by our mistake.

Community Moderators
Feb 9, 2013 13:51
  • DAVEC
Thats fine, it wont affect my trip....I can always get lost :)

I will just arrive at Hongqiao and ask for the first/quickest train
Feb 17, 2013 01:31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

Thats fine, it wont affect my trip....I can always get lost :)

I will just arrive at Hongqiao and ask for the first/quickest train

I would have booked the rail tickets in advance if I were you, Dave. Then I wouldn't worry that I will get the standing tickets.
Feb 17, 2013 13:00
  • DAVEC
Tai tai has changed the plans, I need to go further now to Yichang.
If the trains are full I will just have to walk :).

Where can I book the tickets and where would I go to collect them ?
Feb 17, 2013 19:36
Since your wife is a Chinese, you can ask her to buy tickets on the official website (www.12306.cn). Once you buy your tickets successfully, you can get them at the railway station. Your wife can get her ticket from the vending machine if she has her Chinese ID card. For you, you have to bring your passport and booking number to the ticket window to get your ticket.
Feb 17, 2013 19:37
By the way, I noticed that you might buy the train tickets on TravelChinaGuide. Once I searched the train schedule, I saw 'select' button to the right. You may consult them for details.
Feb 18, 2013 14:55
  • DAVEC
thanks, I will maybe try on the day when I arrive. If the trains are full I have friends in SH so I can stay overnight and see them
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Wuhan by train
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code