Menu
Japan quality and Germany quality
Feb 18, 2013 08:21
There are two countries in the world that famous for quality after World War 2, one is Japan and the other one is Germany. During my interpreter business period, it’s my lucky to have chance to work with both of these clients. During my translating, I felt that they both have some thinking very similar and also they have something different. One of the very important points of them is they both like to put the issue out and let everybody discuss it, everybody give advice about the issue, at that time, nobody is a boss and everybody expect the right solution very much. Nothing personal involves. This is very different from Chinese meeting, in Chinese meeting and there is only one boss and each different point of view will easy turn into personal. We can easily feel that somebody is not happy about someone easily. So nobody wants to give different opinions against their manager. Japan and Germany in this point is the same.

And also there are something different from Japan and Germany, during my translation for those clients; I felt that Germany people are more focus on the application and the function. They discuss about how it works and what kind of material will make it last longer. And the Japan people are more focus on the design, how it become to be fancy, how it becomes more beautiful. I guess in this difference we can see the difference in the Benz and Toyota. But I guess there is nothing right or wrong about it, this is just different point of view. And personally, I prefer the world have more different ideas.

Shenzhen interpreter- Michael

Post a Reply to: Japan quality and Germany quality
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code