Menu
Advice on 4 week stay
Apr 13, 2004 11:46
Hi there

I'm travelling from Ireland with a mate in May and we're starting our four and a half week stay in Beijing. We'll be flying out of Shanghai so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best route to take in order to see the best of the country (architecture, culture etc.). Any info on best travel, accomodation would also be a great help.
(P.S. If anyone has info on VISA application that'd be appreciated as well!!!)
Apr 13, 2004 11:48
  • WALT
As for the visa, I would like to introduce you a web site about how to apply for a visa http://travelchinaguide.com/embassy/default.htm
Apr 13, 2004 11:49
  • ANNA
Beijing,Xi'an,Guilin and Shanghai are the four representative Chinese cities that you can't miss.You may enjoy both historical relics and nature scene in these cities.Mysterious tibet is also a highlight.If you would like to explore minority culture, Yunnan and Guizhou may be a better choice.
Apr 13, 2004 11:50
  • AUSTIN
Silk road tours from Beijing to Kashgar will be interesting too!
Apr 13, 2004 11:51
  • BILLIE
The Three Gorges on Yangtze River is also a good choice.
Apr 13, 2004 11:53
  • PENG
There do have many places worth to visit in China, inluding Beijing, Shanghai,Xi'an and so on.

But in my mind, you should stay more time in the same city to get more info. and know it's culture deeply. Too fast visiting is not good.

For example, Beijing is the city which worth stay more days. Of course, if you have good friend who can guide you, it's perfect.

Anyway, enjoy your life, enjoy your tour.

I'm lived in Beijing now, and should help you anything if you need.
Post a Reply to: Advice on 4 week stay
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code