Menu
Li River visit: Guilin or Yangshuo?
Mar 5, 2013 21:18
  • EXCLSUIVE88
I´m planning on visiitng the Motherland this summer. The Li River is on my itenarary.

I would love to do a boat cruise tour and experience the speactacular views myself.

As far as accessibilty to the Li River, and views, where should I stay and why?
Guilin or Yangshuo?

Thanks.

Mar 6, 2013 00:32
GUESTJANE I think you shouldn't miss these two places. The Li River Cruise usually starts from Guilin and ends in Yangshuo. It usually starts at 09:00 and ends at 14:00. Here in Yangshuo, you can do bamboo raft drift on the Yulong River, which gives you totally different experience compared with Li River Cruise.
Mar 6, 2013 19:38
  • EXCLSUIVE88
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJANE

I think you shouldn't miss these two places. The Li River Cruise usually starts from Guilin and ends in Yangshuo. It usually starts at 09:00 and ends at 14:00. Here in Yangshuo, you can do bamboo raft drift on the Yulong River, which gives you totally different experience compared with Li River Cruise.

Thanks for the tips!
Regarding the bamboo raft drift, are these tours easy to book?
Mar 6, 2013 21:11
GUESTJANE
Quote:

Originally Posted by EXCLSUIVE88

Thanks for the tips!
Regarding the bamboo raft drift, are these tours easy to book?

When will your go there? During peak time, you may have to book in advance. The whole journey costs CNY 240 (4-5 hours) for two. The drift on the upper part of the Yulong River costs CNY 160 for two. The drift on the lower part costs CNY 120-140 for two.

If you travel alone, you may need find someone to drift together with you. Or you can hire the bamboo raft but it costs more.
Post a Reply to: Li River visit: Guilin or Yangshuo?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code