Menu
Strange pricing of train tickets in China Travel Guide.
Mar 9, 2013 23:20
  • GUNNARF11
Strange pricing of train tickets in China Travel Guide.
If you buy train tickets through China Travel Guide, works form of payment and delivery good. However, the pricing of the tickets impossible to understand.
I ordered two tickets from Beijing West to Wuhan (Wuchang). Requests: Hard Sleeper, 1 piece lower bunk bed and 1 middle bunk. This could not be delivered, but I received one piece lower bunk bed and 1 upper bunk bed.
CTG takes 150 CNY in administration which I accept. The ticket price is for the lower bed: 279.5 CNY. For the upper bed: 261.5 CNY. I get paid the same price for the upper and lower bed. Thus 2 x 279.5 CNY 300 in administration. Since you will pay the same amount for train tickets with different prices, it means that if a person buys 2 tickets with G 71 from Beijing West, and that person pays both tickets. He pays the administration fee 2 x 150 CNY. One passenger traveling to Shenzhen North, fare 936.5 CNY. The other traveler but go only to Shanghai as the ticket costs 128.5 CNY In my experience of buying tickets through the ticket CTG will not cost 128.5 CNY, but will cost 936.5 CNY. Which is complete madness. I have a question on pricing for CTG, which according to ordinary Chinese custom not answer difficult or unpleasant issues.
Mar 9, 2013 23:29
  • GUNNARF11
Wrong City shall be Shijiashuang not Shanghai.
Post a Reply to: Strange pricing of train tickets in China Travel Guide.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code