Menu
No free visit to the Phoenix Town in Hunan from April 10, 2013!
Apr 7, 2013 22:33
  • RAINDROP
Visitors will have to buy the entrance tickets for the Phoenix Town from April 10, 2013. The entrance ticket is CNY 148 (per person) and covers mainly tourist sites in the town. Previously, they could enter the town for free and buy single ticket to visit certain site or combo tickets to visit several sites together.

The entrance ticket is valid for three days. If you spend CNY 148 buying the ticket, you at least need 3 days to visit all the sites. Unfortunately, not all visitors have enough time to visit them all. Even they have, they might not be interested in all the sites. For those who plan to stay more than 3 days, they can extend the validity at the ticket offices. Furthermore, visitors will be exempted from the entrance ticket for life if they come there three times or more.
Apr 12, 2013 01:38
  • RAINDROP
Update:
It seems that the businessmen and visitors don't like the new ticket policy. Yesterday, some businessmen closed their shops in the Phoenix Town to protest. They complained that fewer visitors come to the town after the new policy came into effect.
Apr 16, 2013 01:09
  • CHERRY07
Raindrop,

The Phoenix Town has attracted so much attention recently. A boy who planned to bring his girlfriend to visit his parents was stopped when he entered the town. His girlfriend was asked to buy CNY 148 entrance ticket. Why? She is not a local in the town.

I didn’t make up this story. It was reported on the internet widely. Now the Phoenix Town announces that visitors from Huaihua, Tongren and Xiangxi will be exempted from the entrance tickets from April 15. What’s more, the student ticket price will decrease from CNY 80 to 20 from April 20.

Criticized by the public, the town regrets they didn’t charge the entrance fee early. According to them, visitors have been used to free entrance to the Phoenix Town. Definitely, they don’t agree to pay for the entrance tickets now.

I once planned to visit the town before. Now I have changed my mind. I won’t go there forever.

Post a Reply to: No free visit to the Phoenix Town in Hunan from April 10, 2013!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code