Menu
Thinking of adding 1 month in China to my travel! Advice
May 28, 2013 21:27
  • MIKEG500
Hello all,
I am 22 male college student and have gotten bored with life! I have saved 6000 dollars and planning to travel to Thailand next summer for a couple months alone. I've been thinking about it and have become very interested in China. I am actually half Chinese, although the Asian half of my family live in Indonesia so I don't see them and I can't speak Chinese at all. Anyways, I was thinking of maybe doing 1 month in Thailand then hop over to China and do 1 month there. The things that are making it hard for me to decide is whether I should just spend 2 months in Thailand and surrounding areas, or also add the 1 month trip to China. I am worried that my budget will not allow me to do this. Also I am worried that language barrier/weather will make it difficult for solo travel. This is what I figured for my budget:
1400 USD roundtrip to bangkok
400 USD roundtrip bangkok to Hongkong ( or maybe straight flight and another flight from my last stop to Bangkok)
250 USD travel insurance
150$ Chinese Visa
average 50$/ day for both Thailand and China, which includes travel and accommodation.
Sorry this is a lot of info! Hopefully you all can help me to decide what is best. Thank you!

Last edited by MIKEG500: May 28, 2013 21:28
Sep 8, 2013 08:26
  • KWANTC
Hi, Mike, you wrote "400 USD roundtrip bangkok to Hongkong ( or maybe straight flight and another flight from my last stop to Bangkok )".
Where do you want to go, Hong Kong or China?

Post a Reply to: Thinking of adding 1 month in China to my travel! Advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code