Menu
Hunan
May 12, 2005 14:03
  • SHINKI
Anybody will come and visit Hunan== in the central south of China, there are 2 places in Hunan you can not miss, Fenghuang City and Zhangjia jie, aND OF course the capital of it, Changsha City where you can taste the really spicy huNan food, and a place binding the cultral and morden, if you come here, i d like to show you around sincerely Shinki
May 12, 2005 14:08
ME. THIS MONTH. So are you a local?
May 12, 2005 14:24
  • SHINKI
yeah i am
May 16, 2005 13:33
  • NIHAOCHINA
Hi there, back from Fenghuang.traveling on train in peak season was a nightmare!
Fenghuang is quite a nice minority town except for huge crowds of tourists. But its the same everywhere in China at this time.Tuo river is not so clean as we expected,we can see a few women do some washing in the river.But i was told it was dirtier before!The restaurants beside the river are ridiculously expensive.Be aware of some of the bars by the river,You will have to spend at least 200 Yuan on the alcohol if you are at a wondow seat .But you get nice view though.We didn't do the boat rides.
We were kinda of fed up seeing the heads so we found a remote ,undiscovered (but its now discovered by us)minority village! We were the first tourists.We did a lot of walking along the valley and ended up in a village up in the forest! We also saw some ruins left by battles decades ago.We were lucky to have bunch of school teachers as our guide.they are all Tu Ethnic people. then We were back to Fenghuang on the fouth day as we wanted to visit another Miao village which is about more than 1 hour away from Fenghuang.But it started to rain so hard that we had to cancel it! The best time of a day to see fenghuang is probably at 5 am. as there's no body around. Its funny that we brought tents with us. but we didn't have any chance to put them up. Alright,I will try to put up some pics in my photo album here soon:)
Have a nice day!
Post a Reply to: Hunan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code