Menu
Teenager visiting China
Jun 6, 2013 16:35
  • WONG_GLO
Can anyone tell me if a 16-year-old teenager is allowed to travel to China alone? My daughter will be visiting my brother in Hainan and enter through Sanya. I need to know for sure if customs would let her pass on her own before booking her ticket.

Any info would be appreciated!!
Jun 9, 2013 03:23
GUEST5578
Quote:

Originally Posted by WONG_GLO

Can anyone tell me if a 16-year-old teenager is allowed to travel to China alone? My daughter will be visiting my brother in Hainan and enter through Sanya. I need to know for sure if customs would let her pass on her own before booking her ticket.

Any info would be appreciated!!

It's ok for him/her to enter China alone. The customs won't stop him/her as long as he/she has valid visa. But he/she needs to provide some extra documents when applying for the visa. You'd better contact the Chinese embassy for detailed information.
Jun 14, 2013 11:51
  • CHARLIEP
If your daughter is traveling to Sanya (via Hong Kong?) then you can save yourself some trouble: if she holds a USA, Canada or European passport she can get a 30 day visitor's visa at the airport when she lands in Sanya. As long as her brother is there waiting for her I do not think she will have too much trouble. Its best if she has the 2" visa photos with her, but even these can be taken at the airport.
Post a Reply to: Teenager visiting China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code