Menu
Braised spare ribs with glutinous rice dumplings
Jun 15, 2013 01:58
  • ICEBERG
I went back home during the Double Fifth Festival. My parents received many glutinous rice dumplings as presents. My mom was upset with these glutinous rice dumplings. She complained that she couldn’t eat them up with my dad. Then I searched on the internet and found a recipe to cook spare ribs with glutinous rice dumplings. My parents loved it very much. So I’d like to share this recipe with you all.

Ingredients: 500 grams spare ribs, 5 rice dumplings filled with dates
Seasonings: 15 ml cooking wine, 15 ml dark soy sauce, 5 ml light soy sauce, 10 grams rock sugar, 15 grams ginger slices, 20 grams green onion sections, salt and edible oil and a small piece of cinnamon.

Step 1 Boil glutinous rice dumplings for 20-25 minutes, cool it down and then cut them into small pieces.
Step 2 Heat some edible oil and then fry glutinous dumpling pieces until they turn golden.
Step 3 Add some cold water into the boiler, put spare ribs into the boiler and then boil them until the spare ribs change color.
Step 4 Add 3 table spoons edible oil into the pan, melt the rock sugar, put boiled spare ribs and stir-fry them until you smell the fragrance.
Step 5 Add green onion sections and ginger slices, cooking wine, dark and light soy sauce and then stir-fry spare ribs for a minute.
Step 6 Add enough water to cover the spare ribs, put cinnamon in and boil for 30 minutes with cover.
Step 7 Get rid of ginger slices, green onion sections, cinnamon piece and then stir-fry spare ribs with fierce heat until the sauce thickens.
Step 8 Put fried glutinous dumpling piece in, stir-fry it very well together with the spare ribs, add some salt, pour them into a plate, scatter some minced green onion and sesame on the spare ribs and glutinous rice dumpling pieces. Dish off!

Post a Reply to: Braised spare ribs with glutinous rice dumplings
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code