Menu
Can Confucius life story be linked to a nature vs. nurture debate?
Jul 21, 2013 00:52
guestJenns The idea; people being shaped or influenced from their environment.
How much from birth shaped him and influenced his ideas and words? His life story is interesting to me. If you were to regurgitate his biography and take out the dates, towns and China it would sound quite similar to many young men born to a single mother who struggled to make ends meet here in the U.S. The love a young boy has for his mother and the respect he develops for what little they have. Living a life faced with loss, hardships and the idea of rejection from your father/family or simply wondering “why” you may not be good enough. The idea is sad that Confucius died thinking his life, work and words were a failure. Interesting enough I see a unique pattern in relation to the twenty first century. I feel that the story of Confucius could be an inspiration to people raised by single parents or someone who knows the loss of living without their parents. Also the idea that from birth the odds were stacked against him and that he had a choice to do nothing or gain knowledge and become driven by knowledge to lead the way.
Post a Reply to: Can Confucius life story be linked to a nature vs. nurture debate?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code