Menu
Internet jealousy
Aug 7, 2013 02:23
The worst thing in the word is that “I work very hard in the office. However, you travel leisurely and share your photos on Wechat, Weibo, QQ Space etc…” It’s a sentence found in a Chinese netizen’s QQ space. Her bosom friends enjoy their paid annual leaves and share their traveling photos on Wechat. At first, she envied that they had time to enjoy their vacation. After seeing too many photos, she became jealous and pled her friends not to show off their photos. Why? She had no time to enjoy her paid annual leaves.

Someone says that she must suffer from “Internet jealousy”. What is “internet jealousy”? When you see your friends’ traveling photos, you become jealous of them. When you see someone show off her money on the internet, you become jealous. When you see someone show off her sports car, you become jealous. When you see someone show off her villa, you become jealous. These all can be classified into “Internet jealousy”.

Is there a cure to “Internet jealousy”?

PS:Girls prefer to show off their legs and feet.

Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Aug 7, 2013 02:26
Aug 24, 2013 01:09
GUESTGUESTME Enjoy your life and you will have nothing to be jealous of.
Aug 25, 2013 02:56
  • JIMMYB
Sometimes jealousy can benefit people. It can be the momentum that drives you work hard to achieve what you want.
Sep 11, 2013 12:43
  • MARK_81
Yes jealousy can drive you but from my own experience it is definetly mostly a negative. back in the industry I used to work in part of the reason I got out of it was because it was too competitive! too many people willing to do absolutely anything to be the "best of the week" so to speak! I was like that too for a while but you lose yourself that way believe me its not pretty!!
Sep 11, 2013 20:57
  • JIMMYB
Mark,

Perhaps, you and I belong to the group of people who do not like competition. Let me tell you. My friend who engages in the marketing job has earned a lot of money. Every time we meet each other, he persuades me to quit my job and engage in the marketing job like him. But I refuse his invitation.

Marketing is a high high-yielding job. However, these people who engages in the marketing are always busy and burden very much pressure. They have to finish the goal of sales every month. If you can't, you won't get the bonus. The more sales achievement you achieve, the more money you will gain.

I know that I can't do this job very well. Thus, I turn down his invitation every time.
Sep 17, 2013 09:30
  • MARK_81
I definetly think you are right there JimmyB!

nothing wrong with some healthy competition to keep you motivated but when it crosses the line and starts taking over other aspects of your life then you know it has spiraled out of control!!

I've worked in marketing for many many years and it wasn't for me it was too much pressure all the time! getting that bonus. chasing the dream and for what? it was not making me happy at all! I really believe you got to enjoy what you do! if the job makes you miserable well what's the point? umm?

of course sometimes people don't have the luxury or option to simply quit and search for something else but sometimes risk can pay off which I have learned. nothing worse than being stuck in a dead-end job for years and years and years....
Sep 17, 2013 09:41
  • MARK_81
oh and let me just add this here: you got to go with your instinct JimmyB! don't ever let anyone pressure you into something you are unsure of. the job has to feel right for you personally.
Sep 21, 2013 04:36
  • JIMMYB
Mark,

It's my friend who engages in the marketing. I can not bear the pressure though the bonus is a lure to me. I prefer to have an ordinary job, accountant for example. Although it can't bring you much money, you have time to rest and accommpany your families. The marketing job requires you to work like a perpetual machine.

Anyway, it's personal choice. If you want more money, be a salesman.
Sep 22, 2013 04:17
  • MARK_81
Yes you are right. I was just talking about my own experiences in marketing and in other similar "high pressure" jobs. It wasn't for me....at all!! but thankfully I'm at a place right now where I have more options and a good balance of business life and family life.
Sep 22, 2013 22:52
  • JIMMYB
It's nice to hear that you have found a balance of business life and family life. I think you must change from a worker to a boss now.
Sep 23, 2013 10:45
  • MARK_81
haha yes absolutely! I did get a promotion the other week but no I'm not the boss... yet! lol maybe its better this way being in charge of everybody might not be for me.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Internet jealousy
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code