Menu
Hi guys
Apr 13, 2004 13:55
  • WOODS
how are u all going? i am planning to go travelling in Tibet in Decemeber. has anyone of you been there? is it impossible to go in winter due to the cold? if you can, please answer some of those questions for me, coz i have no idea... thanks so much for ur time. have a good day!
Apr 13, 2004 13:57
  • FRAGRANT
Although it is cool in summer, but excruciatingly cold in winter. In Lhasa, the relatively humane city in Tibet, although the temperature may exceed 29 degrees C (84 degrees F) in summer, it can also plummet to minus 16 degrees C (3 degrees F) in winter! The thin Tibetan air can neither radiate nor absorb heat, resulting in temperature extremes during both day and night. However it is not impossible to visit the holy snow land. The period from April to October is the best time to visit Tibet, avoiding the coldest months from December to February.
Apr 13, 2004 13:58
  • STRAWBERRY
Consider the time of year for your visit. Most visitors travel in the period from April to October; Tibet is very cold at other times (although central Tibet can be warm and sunny during the day even in winter), and there may be few travellers to share vehicle hire. From mid-June to August rainfall and landslides make a few roads impassable.
Jun 18, 2004 14:26
  • VISITTIBET
Yes, I couldn't agree any more. It is quite cold to trek through Tibet in winter when you could only go the low altitude valleys of Tibet (around Lhasa, Shigatse and Tsedang).
Post a Reply to: Hi guys
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code