Menu
F visa from Hong Kong
Aug 20, 2013 20:36
  • CONSTANTIN
Hello,
I am back with another question.

I am a romanian citizen and i am looking for alternatives for a Chinese visa. I just got a reply from a HK agency on which they said that for me (romanian) they cannot give 3 months visas anymore.

Do you know anything about these F visa regulations?
Some other agencies offer F visas but have to leave every 30 days. Still i dont know if they are available for me.

I guess a Z working visa is the only safe option?

Thanks, and by the way. All the answers i got from this forum ever since i was still in Romania, were true.
Aug 20, 2013 21:14
GUEST5549 The agencies knows the visa policies much more clearly than us. If they said 3 months F type was no longer available, then it should be true.
Aug 21, 2013 11:49
  • CONSTANTIN
Thanks for the reply.
Another question. I can stay 90 days as a tourist in HK but still i might need to present a round trip ticket and booking information at the border. But once i exit China, my visa and the right to re entry will have been expired. Will the HK authorities accept this round trip ticket China - HK - China?
I believe it doesnt matter if its by train or airplane? I am thinking of saving some money and going by train

Thanks!
Aug 21, 2013 13:33
  • SASHA
Hi Constantin,

Regarding your 1st question: you probably heard about new China visa regulations published July/1 and coming to effect September/1, where 'old' F business visa will stop to exist (and become 'M'), so now in this meantime, nothing is certain, better wait for 1-2 months to see what will happen, since even agencies are not very clear now.

Regarding your 2nd question: you can enter/exit HongKong as many times you like (I even did it several times in same day), especially on rail border with Shenzhen they will not bother you... but yes on HK airport entry they will usually ask you to provide return ticket (you can make advance booking without payment, and just cancel it later)

Cheers,
Alex (Sasha)
Aug 22, 2013 10:24
  • CONSTANTIN
Hello Sasha, thanks for the info.
My current F visa will expire on sept 23 so i cant wait too much.
I was thinking to go from Beijing to Shenzhen by G train and then take a bus or something to HK. Do you have a link to such an agency where i can book a return ticket without paying it?
Aug 22, 2013 22:12
  • SASHA
Hi Constantin, when I did it few years ago, I had to do lots of research for online ticket agencies and also different policies of each flights...
I remember I found that Emirates.com had 'wire T/T' payment option where they issue your ticket and leave it open for 3 days before canceling it...
I also found any ticket office in HK, just book the ticket and they emailed booking.
Another way were flights from HK to Asian cities where you pay and get full refund.
I did that for my Chinese workers who had to enter HK without visa, to attend show.

Anyway, you don't need this hassle - you will arrive SZ by train, then just take subway to HK - they will not ask you anything since it's land entry (even if they ask, just tell them you go back in few days same way by subway, so there's no any tickets), my clients & friends do it every week, and their passport is not even EU.

It's Aug/23 now, let's wait one more week and see if getting visa info will get more clear... Remember to check HK agents, but also agents in China too...

And remember to update this thread with new information... teamwork ;-)

Cheers from HK,
Alex (Sasha C.)
Aug 24, 2013 12:15
  • CONSTANTIN
Hello
I also think, or hope, that we gonna know more about these things after september 1 st. I would go by subway if you say its ieasier, but speaking about the way back ticket to show at HK border, if i would show a HK- Shanghai, would it be ok? Or it needs to be for a third country? Or they dont care which one is it. I am just thinking that once i go out my entry to China will be limited or forbidden (except maybe
going to Shenzhen like you said)
Aug 24, 2013 22:51
GUEST75173
Usually there is a payment in doing this sort of method, the travel agent in china requires rmb 300 for them to give an electronic ticket slip for your intended flight schedule, once you already crossed the border i mean hkng the flight booking will be cancelled. But maybe there are agencies that you can avail the booking slip without paying any amount.

You can enter and exit china for several times a day as you wish if your holding a multiple entry but if it just double ,single or no entry at all then it makes difference.
Aug 25, 2013 03:01
  • SASHA
Hi Constantin,

On the 'way back' means exiting HK, they will not ask anything, since you're going out, they don't care where you go, as long as you're leaving HK, it's fine with them (similar like customs Customs check - only care for entry, not on exit).

On entering HK, if you use subway, they will not ask anything in 99% cases (never happened to my friends, going every week), it's shopping route, basically walk-in border... But if by 1% chance they ask you, just say you're going back to Shenzhen in few days, same way by subway...
(and if by 0.01% chance they ask where is your next China visa, tell them you will make 5-days Shenzhen visa at the border on entry - The End ;-)

Cheers from HK,
Alex
Aug 27, 2013 11:52
  • CONSTANTIN
Thanks for the info Alex!
If i go to HK and still cannot get a F visa i can fly to Beijing as a transit for my home flight? I heard that you dont need a visa for a maximum of 72 hours transit in the aiport. I already have a booked flight Beijing - Bucharest.

Or i could just apply for a short turist visa and enter China ?
Aug 27, 2013 21:49
GUEST7059 CONSTANTIN,

You can apply for 72 hours free transit when you stop in Beijing. In general, you can apply for a L for mainland China in HK.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: F visa from Hong Kong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code