Menu
Where to buy Asian movies in Shanghai?
May 18, 2005 18:49
  • REPE
I'm a huge fan of Asian movies (China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and Thailand). So where in Shanghai I could find out a big collection of Asian movies in dvd? I would like to find 1960 to early 1980 Shaw brothers movies (especially Liu Chia-hui aka Gordon Liu's movies. He is the best martial arts actor!). Fukasaku's, Suzuki's, Anthony Wong's, Tony Leung's, Andy Lau's, Choi Min Shik's, Takashi Miike's movies and so on. I could write a novel of my favourite actors and directors.

I know where in Beijing I could find Asian movies. But when I go to Shanghai I would like to buy some Asian movies. Please, Could somebody help me? What is the best place in Shanghai to buy cheap Asian movies in dvd?
May 19, 2005 10:29
  • DEE0228
hehe, you can easily found such shops or vendors around the street corners. Once you are in Shanghai, you could ask the locals.
May 27, 2005 08:39
  • BARI
If counterfeited DVD is okey with you, I recommend a shop near Huangpi Rd. Metro Station and the New World. It is located near the crossroad of Songshan Rd. and Taicang Rd. I saw a lot of foreigners their. The shop has divide the movie into several foreign DVD baskets and one Chinese/HK/TW and one Japan/Korea. Maybe we can go shopping together = )
May 27, 2005 15:49
  • REPE
Thank you for the info. Yes, maybe we can go to shopping together :)
May 28, 2005 17:53
  • LEEDSWINDS
well,u can find them in a place called Wen Miao whichs quite close to Yu Garden.once ur hea,u can ask the locals,especially those young ppl.they all know that place;)i go there a lot as well,btw:)good luck

xxx
Post a Reply to: Where to buy Asian movies in Shanghai?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code