Menu
Work Permit Cancellation
Sep 23, 2013 15:42
  • AARONOLAFSON
If my work permit is cancelled because I haven't lined up a new job in order to transfer the work permit to the new company, does that mean I can't stay here in China? The company said my residence permit will not be cancelled. Only the work permit. My residence permit is valid thru June 2014. My HR department told me that I can continue to look for a new job even if I don't have work permit. Is this true? If only my work permit is cancelled, can I still travel in and out of China (need to go for further training for certification in different country for a month)? I hope someone can address these questions in a timely manner and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Aaron
Sep 23, 2013 21:20
GUESTSTEVEN Aaron,

Your HR department is right. You can still use your resident permit. The cancellation of you work permit has no effect on your resident permit. When you get a new job, you can apply for the new work permit (I think it should be called Foreigner's employment license). Then you need to transfer your resident permit to your new location.
Sep 25, 2013 05:20
GUEST33130 better check with the public security bureau as I think you've been given wrong information. A resident permit is only a certificate to show your location, it's not a visa to live in china. To live here you need a visa, to get a visa you're either working, on business or a tourist. Get the information from an official Chinese agency.
Sep 26, 2013 02:01
GUESTSTEVEN GUEST33130,

When you apply for the Z VISA, you are required to apply for the resident permit within 30 days when you arrive in PRC. Why? Your Z is valid for 30 days. Before it expires, you have to gain the temporary reident permit. It just works like a long term visa.
Aug 8, 2018 02:24
GUEST79104 I would like to cancel my work permit in china, and then leave china to work in Hong Kong, would it be possible to stay in china for 2 months, my work visa expires next year 2019
Oct 11, 2018 19:23
GUEST41129 how long time will take to cancel my work permit in china?
Oct 17, 2018 19:29
  • ALINA86323
Answer your questions above:

Arron,
As long as your residence permit is still valid, you can still stay in China until it expires. and yes, you can travel in and out of China too.

If you cancel your work permit and your residence permit is still valid. You can stay in China before it expires.

All the situation happens only when you do not have any issues with your current school. If there's a issue, and if the school reports the teacher to the immigration bureau and expert bureau. The teacher's name will be on the black list and it will cause problem then.

It will take about 1-2 weeks depends on the cities to cancel work permit in China.

If you have any visa question, you can email me: gmail.com|alina87123, or Skype: alina_zhang616. If you are in China, you can add my we chat: 13625299473.
Oct 24, 2018 22:22
GUEST17984 how to check work permit cancellation status in china
Oct 28, 2018 22:19
GUEST23030 What will happen when u get black listed from the entry and exit bureau? How can I find out the validity of my residency permit? Is the company able to cancel it without my cooperation?
Nov 5, 2018 22:25
  • SABRINA_666
The cancellation of work permit takes 15 work days. If you want to check the status, you need use the company ID and password login in SAFEA official website. The expiration date of your residence permit already wrote in your passport. Company need your cooperation to cancel your residence permit, because the police will need your passport to cancel it.
If you have any visa question, you can email me: qq.com|51854267. If you already live in China, you can add my wechat: 19984761635.
Mar 11, 2019 03:16
GUEST34738 If my foreign experts certificate is cancelled - what does this mean now. My school went belly up. Bankrupt. They cancelled my foreign experts certificate and now are not being accommodating. When they cancelled this, what ramifications does this have for me. Am I on a “blacklist” because of this? Of course I’m seeking some sort of compensation. They did not even pay me my last month’s salary and I’m left with an expensive lease and f three months. So I want yo live in the apartment as long as possible that I’ve paid for already, while I look for work. Am I blacklisted already? Do I have time? Must I leave immediately. Help. Advice. Thanks.
Wechat: Dreegking
Any assistance or advice in the next theee weeks from date of posting is certainly appreciated.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Work Permit Cancellation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code