Menu
72 hours visa free transit to be available at Chongqing Airport
Oct 23, 2013 22:15
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
It's said that the State Department of the PRC has approved that Chongqing becomes the fifth city where the 72 hours free transit policy is adopted after Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu.

Like the previous four cities, the 72 hours visa free transit is applicable to those passengers from the 45 specified countries. Passengers who meet the requirements can enjoy 72 hours free transit period just in Chongqing. The period is counted from 00:00 on the second day.

Please visit this page to learn about the 72 hours visa free transit policy:
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/free-72hour/

Update:
Previously, passengers who planned to enjoy 72 hours visa free transit had to inform of the airline company before they landed at the airports and then the airline company transfer the information to the airpot customs.

Right now, the procedure is adjusted. Passengers from he 45 countries can apply for the 72 hours visa free transit in person at the airport customs when they land at the airports.
Oct 23, 2013 22:26
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Another piece of news that is useful for those who transfer in 24 hours at the Guangzhou Baiyun Airport.

According to the Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, passengers who transfer in 24 hours with the connecting air tickets and decide not to leave the airport will not be required to go through the procedures at the Frontier Inspection Station.

Previously, those passengers needed to go through the transfer procedure at the airport transfer desk and pass the special channel to reach the departure hall with the help of the airline staff.
Nov 28, 2013 06:54
GUEST64248 I'm a Danish national and I've just been denied boarding my plane from Budapest, Hungary to Chongqing (I met all the requires, hotel, flight to 3rd destination etc). They airline said they were not officially informed about Chongqing having the 72 hour visa and would therefore not let me board.

I've spoken to a lot of Visa Service Offices in Europe and they all say they have not been informed from Beijing about Chongqing and the 72 hour visa.

Chongqing is also not included on this website from Exit and Entry Administration:
http://www.mps.gov.cn/n16/n84147/n84196/3912430.html

BUT
On the Chongqing Municipal Goverment site it is stated that the 72 hour visa started on October 16th 2013 - Can anyone please tell me what is going on here? Where can I get actual reliable and official information?
Nov 28, 2013 19:49
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
GUEST64248,

I called the airport and finally got their response. According to the airport, they are still busy with the approval procedure. They also don't know when exactly 72 hours visa-free transit is available at Chongqing Airport.

I am sorry that I was misled by the news report.
Jan 7, 2020 23:46
  • MARABY
I've spoken to a lot of Visa Service Offices in Europe and they all say they have not been informed from Beijing about Chongqing.
Post a Reply to: 72 hours visa free transit to be available at Chongqing Airport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code