Menu
HELP! Future expat in Taizhou, Jiangsu/Zhejiang
Nov 4, 2013 05:05
  • NANSIE
Hello everyone,

I am going for 6 month internship in a hotel in Taizhou, Jiangsu. I have never been to China before and I cannot get any useful information about living in Taizhou in any website, or maybe I haven't been lucky searching.

Anyone can help me with that? Anything you know about Taizhou will be really helpful.

I have a couple of questions:

- How is the city? Is it safe for a single foreigner female?
- How much is it to get internet on my mobile?
- Is it expensive the life in Taizhou? Without accommodation, how much will I need per month?
- Are there any do's or dont's that I should be aware of?
- How is the weather there? From December to June?
- How are people there? Are they open-minded?
- Is it Taizhou, Jiangsu or Taizhou, Zhejiang?
- What kind of tourists come to visit Taizhou?

And most important question: Any Expats around in Tazhou?

And any other experience from anyone would be very helpful!

Thank you in advance and sorry for lots of questions!
Nancy

Nov 18, 2013 02:15
GUEST74198 Dear Nancy,

Taizhou is a relatively small town in China (zhejisng province).
I live in Ningbo, 180 km north of Taizhou.
As per security in China this is not a problem almost nowhere, and being a foreigner it is even more safe.
Having paid internet on your mobile is not really a need, as wifi hospots are available almost everywhere ( coffees, starbucks, mcdo, even your hotel has this) otherwise a connection at your home will cost you around 100 to 150 usd per year depending your speed requirements.
Life is not expensive unless you want to live on wesern standards ( food) if you ok with chines food i will say that 200 to 300 usd per month are more thean enough, for lodging it can be from 2000 to 5000 rmb a month depend what you are looking for.
Taizhou is definitely Zhejiang, and Ningbo my town, is only 40 minutes by bullet train.
Weather is like in europe cold in winter today is 13 degrees celsius in ningbo but very hot in summer.
Tourism there is more local than international.
Regarding expats probaly there is few, now a days expats a everywhere in China most of them english teachers.

Good luck
Nov 18, 2013 10:34
  • NANSIE
Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am coming next week firstly for 3 month.

Your answer was very helpful.

Regards,
Nancy
Dec 19, 2015 12:05
GUESTMEDHA can some please provide the information about the primary schools and education in Taizhou... specifically teaching in english schools

thanks in advance
Dec 20, 2015 01:12
GUESTSOURCE Hi Nancy, There are 2 cities named Taizhou; one in Jiangsu and one in Zhejiang. I posted the wikipedia links for both cities, but for some reason TravelChinaGuide decided not to post my reply. In any case you should check which province you are headed to. 163.com|intl_source
May 8, 2016 13:28
GUEST65825 Hi :) I just wanted to find out if you ended up teaching there and how it was.
Post a Reply to: HELP! Future expat in Taizhou, Jiangsu/Zhejiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code